Poll: Forever Knight mini-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyH

MN Sci-fi Fan
Anyone else want to see a Forever Knight mini-forum? There is so much excellent FK fan fiction out there and so many talented fans. I bet it would add a lot of traffic to this site, and possibly support as well. Thanks, Highlander II, for the thread idea! :D

Forever Knight is a truly awesome show that was made in Canada and also was shown in the US. Basically the forerunner to Angel. It featured a blonde, blue-eyed vampire named Nick Knight/Nicholas DeBrabant (played by actor Geraint Wyn Davies). Nick was a crusader in the 13th century and brought across by a Roman vampire named Lucien LaCroix (played by Nigel Bennett) in 1228. He spent centuries doing all the stuff vampires do, but later regretted it.

The series was about Nick's quest to become mortal and his conflict with LaCroix, his sire, who wanted him to live in the darkness eternally. Also, it was about Nick's ill-fated love for the coroner Dr. Natalie Lambert (played by Catherine Disher) and the agreement he had made with LC just after Nick was brought across. LaCroix was in love with Nick's sister, Fleur, but Nick wouldn't let his sire bring her across because it would destroy the thing LC loved most about her: innocence. As a result LaCroix made Nick promise that if he ever fell truly in love, that LaCroix would be able to destroy that. So Nick cannot admit his love for Natalie because of the pact with LC over Fleur.

There's more, but I'd be writing a novel if I explained the rest in detail. It's currently running on Sci-Fi channel at 10 AM CST.

There are some truly wonderful fan sites (sorry I don't have them bookmarked on my machine here at work). But if you search for Forever Knight, you will find them. I also have some FK fan fiction and links at my website:

http://www.starbase-eprime.com

I watch it when I can, but it's been a while since I've seen it. I can remeber some of the later episodes but I don't think I ever saw any of the first ones. It ran for 3 years didn't it? How did it begin? I remeber how it ended and how sad I thought it was.
I'd be willing to try and discuss it with you. :D
:blpaw:

It ran for 3 years didn't it? How did it begin?
There were 3 seasons. It's been re-run sporadically in Canada, the US and parts of Europe. Don't know about Asia.

It actually began with a movie called "Nick Knight," which starred Rick Springfield as the vampire Nick Knight. Natalie's character didn't appear until the TV series. The coroner was originally male.

I probably saw the movie, at one time I thought Rick Springfield was pretty sexy :blush:
:blpaw:

hey Emily!

I'm knightmuzic on SciFi's FK forum and "Celine Knight" on several fk mailing lists. Of course, I voted yes for the mini-forum. BTW, I love your site....

Thanks! Spread the word, maybe we can get more fans to vote. Another place for FK fans to gather can't hurt.

:D

Just finished watching Black Buddah parts 1 & 2, which were shown on the sci-fi channel last week. Is it just me, or did anyone else find it strange to watch this after 9/11, and particularly the Nightcrawler bit at the very end of part 2:

"Black magic, voodoo, bombers in the sky, people killed, people...but I don't know why."

I know this was filmed years ago, but it just struck me as really eerie for some reason. If you haven't seen it, it's a really sad ep to watch, cause 2 characters from the previous seasons die in the plane explosion. It's one of the better episodes for drama and acting, though. Geraint Wyn Davies directed it.

the words are actually...

"Black magic, voodoo, bombers in the sky, people kill people... and I don't know why."

Sorry to correct you,... my mom's an English teacher, and I'm every bit as particular as she is. :blush:

And yes, it is rather sad... it's sad that people can actually be that cruel. ::shakes head::

Well, that's what it sounded like when I heard it. But then I had a cold all weekend long also.

Season 3 just keeps getting darker and darker from BB, doesn't it? I wish they'd never killed off Schanke. He provided the humorous bits and the humanity that Nick needed, and after his character was gone the show seemed to go downhill.

I started watching the show during the 3rd season when it was on network TV in the US late at night, but then I got into fan fiction and eventually acquired a set of season 1 & season 2 tapes. The first 2 seasons were much better IMHO.

Originally posted by EmilyH
Thanks, Highlander II, for the thread idea! :D

you're welcome

(and sorry I didn't get here sooner - brain melt or something)

I voted yes - tho, I've only seen one or two eps - it airs at a weird time - ie: while I'm at work - on scifi - when it airs that is -

USA Network ran it a while back (I think) back when it still ran Highlander - but stopped and scifi has it now -

I think it airs on SciFi at like 1000 or 1100 hrs - something like that -

but, a forum would be good for this show too!

It's on at 10 AM CST, which is 11 AM ET, I believe. I usually tape it and watch it when I get home from work. They're on 3rd season now. Have tapes of 1st two seasons, but I haven't seen 3rd season in a really long time. It's nice to be able to watch it again, even if I have to tape it.

How many "Yes" votes do there have to be for a mini-forum?

ah - I knew I saw part of it one time when I was home sick --

(My VCR timer is kinda full - so many other things - actually - both VCR timers are pretty full - anyway -- might be able to find a slot)

about the mini-forum - well, lemme go find out!

I'm Jarvinia on the mailing lists for FK that I'm on. I too would be interested in seeing a mini-forum for Forever Knight here.

Hiya back! It probably isn't from forkin-l (only posted about 5 times in the almost two years I've been on it)...maybe on fkfic-l, though. I'm usually quiet on discussion, but I think it might be different here. (Hoping, anyway :) )

That's possible...I'm on fkfic-l as well.

Hey...how come I have a cute little star under my name? It doesn't look like it's part of the aliens background. (Shrugs) Oh, well.

[O/T part] - no - the little star under the 'subscriber' banner denotes that you have one subscription to AsciFi -

If you look - under mine, I have two stars under mine - b/c I have two subscriptions.

There are a couple ppl w/ 4 or 5 -

as for Forever Knight -

gotta find a piece of a video tape to put a few eps on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back