6.01: Redemption Part one

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
yep, just a few hours from now we're gonna be charging into season 6 <G>

here's a little snippit from rda on regis this morning...i think it's gonna be in redemption part one...but noone said.

Regis: Why don't you move it over to ABC? They're looking for
something new.

RDA: Why would that be?

Regis: Why would that be? Well they've had a few upsets. So
you play the captain of ah ...

RDA: I'm a colonel. Come on.

Regis: Colonel's good.

RDA: I'm looking to be the general so I can just put my feet up
on the desk ...

Regis: All right so let's take a look here at Colonel O'Neill in
action. Take a look.

[clip]

Colonel Chekov: The deal made our governments, General ...

Hammond: I'm aware of every aspect of the arrangement, Colonel.
Ah Jack. Come in.

Hammond: Colonel, you know Colonel Chekov, the Russian envoy to
the SGC?

Jack: We've met.

Hammond: Colonel Chekov feels that as a symbol of our joint
efforts, a Russian officer should be assigned to join SG-1.

Jack: Over my rotting corpse, Sir.

Hammond: Colonel.

Jack: I'm sorry. Did I say that out loud?

Hammond: I said I would discuss it with you and that I was sure
you'd give it some careful thought.

Jack: And that I will General, but I'm still pretty sure I'll
say bite me.

~~~~~~~

i think this answers how Jonas gets on sg-1. Jonas wants to be on the team....i've heard rumors that Jack & SAm are less than enthusiastic while teal'c is...more open minded. BUT...the russians want a member on the team, jack apparently HATES the russians so...he takes jonas instead.

:shrug: dunno...find out later on today

Chekov? Chekov??! Freaking (*&(*&(* writers can't find a better Russian name?! :dead: Them writers, love to play with our heads. Hahaha. :rolleyes:

I tell a friend on IRC:
[17:37] <CynVision> well, there a character named Chekov coming up in season six
[17:37] <Kill-Joy> *lol*
[17:37] <Kill-Joy> they borrow him from star trek?
[17:38] <Kill-Joy> spock... give chekov... the... vulcan death... grip!
[17:38] <Kill-Joy> (that was my imitation of kirk)

yeah, the chekov thing had me laughing out loud, literally. especially when you take into account that rda had to convince regis and kelly that stargate is NOT the same thing as star trek.

kelly is obviously blonde for a reason and regis should be. <G>

credit for the transcript is due to gatedemon.

Redemtion part 1

It just got over here, and with out giving anything away I want to say...WOOHOO SEASON SIX IS GONNA ROCK! All my fears of the quality of the show dropping off after the move were laid to rest in one fell swoop. I wish I could tell you all more, but I dont want you hunting me down for spoiling it! lol

BTW... I missed RDA on Regis... is there anywhere that i can view it or read a transcript?

Thanks in Advance to anyone who can help.

here's a brief synopsis of the eps.

It all starts out with sg-1 retreating underfire….a Capt. hageman supporting a limping jack. 'I thought they wanted to smoke a peace pipe'
They make it home…hageman gets hit with a dart, collapses. Hammond says something like 'he'll need to be reassigned I take it?' Sam says yes
Main titles

Ooh…and for those of you keeping score….it's RDA, AT, CJ, DSD then CN
And a new open too….pans of the gate ending with the backs of four folks going through the gate.

Jack's got a torn ligament, we see the scene from Regis. Jack walks by hammy's office as hammy and colonel chekov(yep, that's his name…the Russian liaison to the sgc)
Chekov wants Hammond to put a Russian on sg-1, jack says 'over my rotting corpse, sir'…ooh did I say that out loud?
Hammond says he told chekov that he'd talk to jack and that jack would give it due consideration. Jack says he will but that the answer will still be bite me. <G>

Chekov leaves, Jack sits down and talks to Hammond. Hammond has shown him a lot of latitude in finding a fourth (they've been through 9 so far, including Capt. Matheson that only lasted 2 hours) jack is basically ordered to find a fourth.

Sam takes Jonas with them to area 51..dr Larry Murphy has completed the x-302 a totally earth made ship based on the glider tech. It's the first earth ship capable of interstellar flight…if it works.
Ooh, and it's been 3 months since Meridian

Jonas and Teal'c are boxing…Jonas says if he can knock Teal'c down, will Teal'c talk to jack about letting him on sg-1. We never really see the fight other than Teal'c knocking Jonas down a lot….but next thing you know Teal'c is in the commissary with this HUGE plate of food. Jack tells him that Hammond says they need another 'sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness'.
And he mentions to jack about Jonas. Jack doesn't like the idea. Teal'c reminds him that Jonas wants to fight..and the O'Neill learned to trust him (Teal'c)

Bratac comes through the gate and tells Teal'c that Drey'ac is ill, Teal'c leaves immediately. Arrives at the refugee camp too late, Drey'ac is already dead. Ry'ac blames his dad

The gate opens….and we see the return of Lt. Graham Simmons….yep, he's back folks. Anyway the gate opens and …nothing happens. Very odd.
38 minutes passes..nothing….this is bad.

Back to the planet, they cremate Drey'ac, Teal'c makes up with Ry'ac.

Back on earth, still got a problem…and guess who shows up with the catchy entrance line 'still as sexy as ever'…yep, lemonhead himself, dr. mckay. Fresh from Russia. And they can't use the Russian gate to get help either.

They decide to try for the x302 and get to orbit and try for help…surprise, surprise it doesn't work. (take a look around the hanger…recognize the UV generators from MIAB?)

Back with Teal'c…they know that Anubis is attacking earth, a jaffa named shakra arrives to tell them conveniently with a ship.

Back to earth they're stuck. Jack walks in on Sam in her lab.
'why aren't you down with the other egg heads?…not that you're an egg head but….'
She can't think around them, they keep looking at her for answers
Well you have a habit of pulling brilliant ideas out of your butt….head, your head.
Sam has no idea how to fix it. She asks jack seeing as he has a way of seeing things at their simplest.

Things go weird, alarms go off…they dash to the gateroom to see a hologram of Anubis telling them that they're all gonna die….typical bad guy cliché. And……TBC

Well, considering I haven't seen anything since "Red Sky" - have to say, I wasn't too confused - only thing is, I don't know much about Jonas --- (and please, if you're gonna tell me about him - be factual and not full of Jonas bashing - please)

anyway --- I thought the episode was pretty good - except that glider thing was almost a bit too "Tangent" for me -- b/c of course there are going to be problems - why would anything work the way it should?

and YEAH!!! Lt. Simmons!! woohoo!!! Missed him - he's a good character - still dunno why he disappeared ---

Best line (well, after the 'over my rotting corpse' - "You're pretty good about pulling ideas out of your butt..... head." <-- Jack.

Hilarious!!

The episode was quite good - but, I went into it not really expecting anything in particular, except for Daniel to be gone, so I was pretty open --- though, I'm very much looking forward to next week!

So nothing original there, then? :( It all sounds a bit predicatable and D.C. Comics-ish, like 'Fail Safe' was. And derivative - Checkov?!!!! Who wrote it?

'over my rotting corpse, sir'

Don't tempt the fan fic. writers, Jack - it can be done... :eek: :evil: :D

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

any1 know if the ep is on the net for download ..

email or pm me ..

Thanks.

Originally posted by Hatshepsut
So nothing original there, then? :( It all sounds a bit predicatable and D.C. Comics-ish, like 'Fail Safe' was. And derivative - Checkov?!!!! Who wrote it?
Don't tempt the fan fic. writers, Jack - it can be done...
--
I'd have to check my tape. And I've played with the Jack dead idea in an AU already :)

Despite the fact that I'm in syndicated-land and haven't seen season five, I stole a peek at the ep and liked it muchly. Except for the cheezy J/S thing in the middle. You never have a scene where your characters explain each other's personality. That's as sappy as the sappiest fan fic I know. Liked the new glider, liked the parallels with last glider mission. And scene puts to rest the question that Jack knows how to fly aircraft, I think. Sam was GIB this time. Their pre-flight checklist scene was a nice bit of military business, IMHO. And humorous. Sam did get to crack a joke, for once. Liked all the parts with Teal'c. :rain:Loved:rain: how the Jaffa are going to save the Tau'ri by using their knowledge of Anibus' realm. This time I believe dear, loveable Bra'tac is a Jaffa master and is wise and powerful.

SG-1 always pulls a few cool eps together after the filming break. They have time to think. Time to make adjustments. The rest of the season they don't and it shows.

slight meridian spoilage.

Jonas was an advisor to his planet's version of 'president'...sg-1 made contact just as they were going to do an experiment with this naquadria stuff...think of it as super naquadah. there was an accident, danny saved the planet but was killed.
jonas' people were covering up what really happened adn trying to blame danny for the accident. much hemming and hawing back and forth. in the end jonas stole some naquadria from his people and brought it to the sgc who were planning to use it to build defense shields.
since he's seen as a traitor by his people, jonas can't go back so hammond gave him sanctuary. he's apparently been living at the sgc for the past 3 months, watching tv, learning etc.
he really wants to join sg-1 and fight the goauld but is facing resistance.
there's going to be an upcoming eps called 'shadow play' which will tell more of jonas' story.

on with redemption

i had one problem with it...dreyac has a symbiote??? up until this point they've always implied that only men carried primtah with the exception of priestesses. even teal'c makes a comment about 'our symbiote is only as strong as the jaffa that carries is'...and it seems odd for a race that treats women only as baby makers to give them 'children of the gods' to carry.

also...waaayyyy back in bloodlines when ryac was so ill...dreyac got the priests to give ryac a goauld...then that fell through and teal'c give him his...why didn't dreyac offer? doesn't that seem like something a mother would do?

and, unless i understood wrong, bratac made some comment abotu them taking the printah of 'bad' jaffa and using them for 'good' jaffa....in other words when they capture traitors or kill non-rebelling jaffa they're basically cannibalizing their snakes??

Originally posted by skydiver

i had one problem with it...dreyac has a symbiote??? up until this point they've always implied that only men carried primtah with the exception of priestesses. even teal'c makes a comment about 'our symbiote is only as strong as the jaffa that carries is'...and it seems odd for a race that treats women only as baby makers to give them 'children of the gods' to carry.
Have you seen the ep where Tannith <sp> is introduced? Teal'c's old friend and love was the incubator for that Goa'uld. There seems to be a double standard going on for sure. It's also possible the implanted Jaffa women have some other undisclosed role in the society?

I could go the devil's advocate route and say maybe it had to be a male's primta for the son due to biological reasons. "The father's right" bantered about in Bloodlines. Just like you can't give wrong type blood to people, maybe an adjusted primta can't go to the opposite sex?

Well, we're already only too aware of the contempt that T.P.T.B. have for the Stargate canon.

Witness Jack's efforts to nail Maybourne's N.I.D. mob for stealing alien artefacts/technology in 'Shades of Grey' and the fact that those thieves ended up on Death Row - 'Desperate Measures' and 'Sentinel'. Then watch Jack welcome an alien thief and traitor into S.G. -1... :rolleyes:

And more 'shippiness'? Ignoring the Chain of Command protocol yet again? :rolleyes: So what's new?

Who wrote this episode, then? I'm guessing B.W.?

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Originally posted by Hatshepsut
And more 'shippiness'? Ignoring the Chain of Command protocol yet again? :rolleyes: So what's new?
No allowances for it being the end of a sizeable chunk of the world, again? :evil: I think Jack went looking for Sam purely on a "where the heck is she? these eggheads do not know what she does" kinda thing and got in over his head. It got played that way. I was okay on most of the scene but for something Sam said. Her resolve against Jack was crumbling where it usually didn't. In my eyes, the ep could have flown better for non-shippers if it got exchanged for some more coolness with that glider. But maybe they ran out of CGI tokens.

And Sam not being able to think in a room of scientists? Jack's "out fishing" attitude is rubbing off on her. If you accept the shippy stuff and recall a few other bits and pieces about them it becomes a "okay" little character bit where neither Sam nor Jack has any brilliant ideas. Sam's just plain tapped out and reacts pretty calmly when facing up to it. It's all out of Jack's supposed realm of tactics and combat so he's tapped out of ideas. No Daniel to provide one, Teal'c's missing, and they won't give Jonas more than the time of day and a few glider plans, so who is going to come up with something?

I still like: "I'm going to go eat cake." They did learn something from that pie fella. And when trapped at the end of the world at the SGC, hit the caffeteria. You don't get that on recon!

This was an ep that tried to please everyone. That "can't please all of the people all of the time" comes into play here.

Originally posted by CynVision
Have you seen the ep where Tannith <sp> is introduced? Teal'c's old friend and love was the incubator for that Goa'uld. There seems to be a double standard going on for sure. It's also possible the implanted Jaffa women have some other undisclosed role in the society?

I could go the devil's advocate route and say maybe it had to be a male's primta for the son due to biological reasons. "The father's right" bantered about in Bloodlines. Just like you can't give wrong type blood to people, maybe an adjusted primta can't go to the opposite sex?

well, shonac was a priestess in the temple, not an ordianry jaffa woman like dreyac. and they say that the symbiote has no gender (marty in tokra).

someone else suggested that maybe jaffa women get snakes after they reach the end of thier child bearing years. i dunno....given how a symbiote mucks with a woman's biology (like in shau'ri, having to be dormant for the pregnancy) it doesn't make sense for women to be jaffa hosts. if junior is messing with teal'c's metabolism(slowing his ageing, fixing his wounds) then he'd do the same with a woman...but a woman's reproductive cycles are more timely than a man's. her body has to produce/ripen and release eggs to be fertile.

or maybe i'm just thinking too much about it...it just doesn't fit in well with what we know to me

Originally posted by CynVision
Sam's just plain tapped out

As opposed to Tapp-ing...?

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut - <G.,D. & R.> :wave:
--

Originally posted by skydiver
and they say that the symbiote has no gender (marty in tokra).

someone else suggested that maybe jaffa women get snakes after they reach the end of thier child bearing years. i dunno....given how a symbiote mucks with a woman's biology
That sounds like a good idea.

on your first point: yeah, no gender. But (see the point below), I think Marty was being rather general, or overly specific to Lantash. But I'm not saying the symbiote has gender, only that after implanting it takes makes a balance with the sex of the Jaffa. So it would explain why Teal'c was the one in Bloodlines to give the symbiote to his son over his mother having been able to if she had one then. And also the culture could play a part. She'd never consider giving her son her symbiote because of what is taught in the culture. And taboos usually have a grain of truth at the heart of them...

Hehe. :rolly2: After a set age we have to have Goa'uld changing to one sex or other or we wouldn't have the queen Goa'uld and... other Goa'uld.

And also, as for the pregger thing, the young Goa'uld could act completely different in the Jaffa stage vs. the full hosted stage. Like butterflies. Catapillers go round eating leaves, butterflies do the flowers. Two stages with different needs and effects. But I do agree with the whole messing with the metabolism thing. They seem mutually exclusive goals. Either the females produce more little Jaffa to take symbiotes or they do the hosting thing. Or do the hosting thing after they're mature women with the greater ability/mass/support to host a symbiote.

my word. I bet there's a thread to hash this out on somewhere...

Borrrrring.....

*This* is the season premiere, supposedly one of their bests efforts? Oh dear.

When I wasn't cringing at the segments glorifying Jonas (I suspect that'll get worse in Part II), I actually found myself falling asleep. It was shockingly dull.

And more than one of my on-line friends commented that the holographic image of Anubis looked like a large penis.

Leah:eek:

For me ...

My problem?

Jonas makes the statement that he's basically an anthropologist/archeologist type in "Meridian".

So, I might go with him making sense out of Daniel's textx, but - reading Sam's high end math/physicis and finding a flaw in the naquadria design after only a few hours?

Nope. Just can't go with that.

Rowan

Ooh…and for those of you keeping score….it's RDA, AT, CJ, DSD then CN
As a scorekeeper, I've gotta tell ya, Sky, they gave CN credit before Don Davis . . . and doesn't that just s**k. :mad:

"So how do I know which color to wear?"

Oh, boy. A real rocket scientist. :rolleyes: Yawn. :dead: