Who was the better character in the films?

Who was the best member of the Fellowship?

• Frodo Baggins son of Drogo Baggins

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Gandalf the Grey/Gandalf the White

Votes: 35 23.6%
  • Aragorn son of Arathorn/King Elessar

Votes: 34 23.0%
  • Legolas Greenleaf

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Gimli son of Gloin

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Boromir of Gondor

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Samwise Gamgee

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Meriadoc Brandybuck

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Perigrin Took

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • They were naf! I liked...

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters

darth_katyrine

Who out of the Fellowship was the best in the films? I'm not talking about who was hottest, but who was your fave for any reason. Me say (not surprisingly) Legolas! :D :D :D :D

For me it was Gandalf. I don't know why, but I just loved it how he was played, how the actor acted, everything.

Gandalf is the best! (IMO)

dwndrgn said:
I chose Gimli mostly because I can identify with his crankiness, his loyalty, his sense of humor and his inadvertent comic relief.
Yeah...what dwndrgn said :p

I had to vote for Sam. In the end, if it had not been for him and his support of Frodo, the ring might very well not have been destroyed. Anyway, I really admire his loyalty and determination, and his restraint in not just tossing Gollum off the mountain.:)

Aragorn son of Arathorn/King Elessar

He stayed loyal to the Fellowship no matter what.

I absolutely loved watching Perigrin Took! “You fool of a Took!” (Gandalf the Grey) At the beginning of the series, it seemed very likely that he would probably end up dieing. But during the cores of the movies he was forced to grow up and see things differently. I think that he is the one who ended up killing the king of the Nasgal, pleas correct me if I am wrong. :D

Im going to have to correct you now.:p
All peregin did was stab the Naz'gul king it was actually killed by that chick who had a crush on Aragorn when she stabbed it in the face.;)

How did I miss this the first time?! I voted for Gandalf, he was exactly how I pictured him being. In the books I loved the interaction between Gimli and Legolas, but I don't think it carried over that well in the movies.

Samwise was the greatest member without a shadow of a doubt. He defeated the ring and remained loyal to his friend to the last.

Legolas, and that makes me a fangirl, but oh well. He did the most interesting things in battle. Never having read the books, I was permitted to read a certain level of smug snobbery into his calm demeanor. He always seemed to save everyone at the last minute, he never looked unduely scruffy, and the token bit of dirt on his cheek after the filthy Mines of Moira was priceless. "Hey, how's the snow down there? Pretty cold, huh?"

Non Fellowship characters - Eomer. Oh my, yes. He was just so grumpy and intriguing.

Lucifer.

I voted for Aragorn. The scene when be began to fight all alone, right after Frodo told him about the betrayal of Boromir and his departure from the Fellowship was incredible.

Sam was my favorite both in the book and in the film. A close second was Legolas. I think Orlando Bloom played him very well. But for me Sam was the most unselfish character I've ever encountered in a novel. He has a lot of the qualities humans treasure. Loyalty, honesty, courage and empathy. A true friend to Frodo. We could all use a friend like Sam.

Aragorn all the way!! He is such a respectable character. He's a great leader and yet he stays completely loyal to Frodo and never once tried to take The Ring from him to use for his own good.

I voted for Aragorn as well. I felt he, most closely, represented how the actually books portrayed him as. Very well done with the character Aragorn. I liked the dwarf but didnt feel he was portrayed as correctly as he could have been. Samwise was well done as well.

Although not a major fan of Lord of the Rings, I must admit I liked Boromir... could that be partly due to the fact that he is played by Sean Bean? I'm not a fangirl... slightly... ;)

Also Sam has to be one of the best.

Back