What was the last movie you saw?

A Colt Is My Passport (1967) Jo Shishido as an assassin who is hired to knock off the boss of a rival company. Having accomplished the task, he is paid, and goes about preparing to flee the country. But, the new boss of the rival co. has made up with the boss, & demands the head of the guy who killed his dad.

Cruel Gun Story (1964) Shishido stars as a recently released con, hired to knock over an armored car. Though he dislikes the idea, his sister needs $$ or, rathe
r ¥ needs surgery on her spinal column. Things go bad, very bad.

1st time I ever saw Shishido. Interesting films.

And Netflix, which is where I saw it.

I remember the good days when it would be years before a cinema would find its way tpo television. Of course this was before the time the Internet DVDs, VHS . Back in the days when there were only 3 networks. And then the film would be severely edited for content. Maybe not so good old days .:confused:

Castle of the Living Dead (1964)

Fairly decent Gothic chiller. Set just after the Napoleonic Wars. A troupe of wandering entertainers gets invited to the castle of a Count (Christopher Lee.) He has a method of instantly killing animals and preserving them. (Hence "living dead," although they are definitely dead and not living.) You can predict where this is going, although the entertainers don't suspect the Count when one of them dies in an "accident," despite the fact that the Count is creepy and his servant even more so. Notable for featuring Donald Sutherland in a double role as an inept police officer and in drag as an old hag. He even gets to have a scene with himself. Otherwise, it's an old-fashioned, slow-moving scare flick, with a lot of mood and some good scenes.

Cave of the Living Dead (1964)

German/Yugoslavian co-production. Starts off with a suave police detective in some kind of nightclub or something, surrounded by young women. So far this might be as well be another European spy flick. The hero is assigned to investigate the deaths of several young women in an isolated little town. The deaths are officially recorded as heart failure despite the telltale two marks on the victims' throats. Add in a mysterious professor who has moved into the local castle and it's easy to figure out what's going on. (Most of the villagers already know, and the hero figures it out pretty quick, with the help of the local wise woman/witch character.) Some nice scenes reminiscent of the silent Nosferatu. Mostly typical old-time Gothic, with a touch of a krimi film.

I remember the good days when it would be years before a cinema would find its way tpo television. Of course this was before the time the Internet DVDs, VHS . Back in the days when there were only 3 networks. And then the film would be severely edited for content. Maybe not so good old days .:confused:

I know what you mean. When I first saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit, it had been quite heavily edited. I saw it again more recently with Mini MT, and it ended up being a lot darker than I remembered. A bit uncomfortable viewing it with a child I would normally describe as a right wuss, but she managed it. That said she had wandered off for the shoe dipping scene, which I was quite grateful for.

School for Scoundrels (1960) Wonderful film about a poor loser who learns the tricks of "one-upsmanship" after Terry Thomas' character steals his girlfriend. Believing he needs a car similar to TT's, Henry Palfrey (Ian Carmichael), who has been riding the red double decker buses, and knows nothing about cars, is tricked into buying a monstrosity piece of junk with an Indian elephant complete with sedan atop as a hood ornament. :ROFLMAO: The car has most unusual sound, along with normal engine sound, it gurgles.

After being beaten at everything by TT, he enrolls in the title institution, turns the tables, gets the girl, etc. Alastair Sim, best known for his depiction of E. Scrooge, plays the headmaster of the SfS. I really liked this one!

The Guns of Navarone (1961) I think this is one of the first Go behind German lines, steal uniforms, infiltrate & sabotage the target type films. It is always nice when you can find uniforms that fit just right. A few of them along with this film will be on TCM this coming (Memorial Day) weekend. This film is about 2.5 hours, but never slows.

Hans Christian Anderson (1952) Danny Kaye portrays the title character; my interest was solely about the stories, but as a musical, I could not bear to watch this except in the PiP. :sick: I did enjoy some of the classical music; though it has been so long since I listened to it regularly, I could not recall the composers or the titles.

I would like to see those XX of the Living Dead films, just my type of film.

Deadpool 2 with my fiancé, was pretty damn good.

Deadpool has kind of a Rick and Morty fanbase though, which is also a good show.

Ready Player One. Terrific, although I was slightly disturbed that I got all the nerd references.

Black Panther was typical of the type of wham bamb action movies. Loose story, full on action and over the top special effects. Does not live up to the hyper, imho.

Ready Player One. Terrific, although I was slightly disturbed that I got all the nerd references.

Black Panther was typical of the type of wham bamb action movies. Loose story, full on action and over the top special effects. Does not live up to the hyper, imho.

I think I enjoyed Black Panther more than you did, but I'd agree it is overhyped. I do wonder if people wanted it to be better than it was because of how important it is historically.