Spider-Man (2001)

Originally posted by tokyogirl

i do like the one from the xmen DVD with spiderman. have you seen that one?
Yeah, I have - I laughed my legs off too! :lol:

I think the Spider Man dvd is going to be chockers packed with stuff - they had better not disappoint me!

Let's hope that as many mistakes as possible are fixed for it's release onto video & D.V.D towards thend of this year/start of next

i rarely notice them on the big screen. i think it's mainly the atmosphere. when you're at home you're more aware that you're watching a movie and slightly less into it. but i notice them on video all the time. that's why i want to see it then and find them.

Based on the routine that one average films take 6mnths from finishing at the cinema to being released on video & D.V.D

Spider-Man DVD details...

www.comicbookresources.com reports the following information about the Spider-Man DVD:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPIDER-MAN

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment announced Monday that the Spider-Man DVD would be released Friday, November 1. The press released disclosed details about the upcoming home video event.

The studio promises that the two disc set "features an exclusive web of innovative interactive elements loaded with special never-before-revealed Spider-Man factoids and a first look at comic book-to-film comparisons. Also releasing day and date will be a specially-packaged limited-edition Collector's DVD Gift Set, loaded with extra features for the ultimate home viewing experience.

The regular DVD will be available in both wide-screen and full-screen editions. The widescreen special edition packaging, will feature Spider-Man scaling the side of a skyscraper; and the full screen special edition packaging, which will feature Spider-Man crouching over a skyline.

The specially-packaged limited-edition Collector's DVD Gift Set features the widescreen special edition Spider-Man DVD and loaded with extras including a reprint of Marvel Comic's "Amazing Fantasy" #15 in which Spider-Man was created; an exclusive collectible drawing by former Spider-Man artist John Romita, Sr. and current Spider-Man artist John Romita, Jr.; a collectible numbered film cel from the movie; and more.

Here's what's on the discs:

Disc One:

Audio: English & French 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
Subtitles: English, French & Spanish
Subtitled Factoids "Weaving the Web": Pop-On Production Notes & Historical Facts
Commentary: Sam Raimi (director), Laura Ziskin (producer), Kirsten Dunst & Grant Curtis (co-producer)
SFX Commentary: John Dykstra (special effects designer) & Visual Effects Crew
Branching Web-i-sodes (access via Spider-Sense)
Marketing Campaigns: Trailers & TV Spots -- Filmographies & Character Files
Music Videos: Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott, "Hero" & Sum 41, "What We're All About" -- DVD-ROM: Comic/Feature Comparison; Record Your Own Commentary; Countdown to "Spider-Man 2"; Weblinks
Disc Two:

HBO Making of Spider-Man
Spider-Mania: an E! Entertainment Special
Director Profile: Sam Raimi
Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
Screen Tests: Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons & CGI Spider-Man
Costume and Makeup Tests
Gag/Outtake Reel
Conceptual Art & Production Design Gallery
Historical Documentary -- "Spider-Man:" The Mythology of the 21st Century
The "Spider-Man" Comic Book Archives
Rogues Gallery
The Loves of Peter Parker
Comic Book Artist Pin-Up Gallery
Activision Game: Hints & Tips
DVD-ROM: Activision Game (two playable levels for PC); three exclusive Marvel dot.comics ("Spider-Man:" Blue #1, Black Cat #1, & Peter Parker: Return of the Goblin); "Spider-Man:" Visualizer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bloomin' eck! Looks like this is going to be a 'must have'. I am foaming at the mouth already!

well it should be like that. they should come out fast so i don't have to wait:mad: you know how i hate waiting.

I now you do, but the film companies make more money by making us wait for them to come out

I just watched the movie tonight and i have to say it was funnier than i expected, but (theres always a but :rolleyes:) i was so disappointed with the ending :( i actually yelled at the tv - "Is that it?!" :( other than that it was quite enjoyable - loved it when he was on the roof trying to test out his web thingy but couldnt get it to work :lol:

xxx

'go web go!':rolly2:

i was a little disappointed with the ending, but i'm pretty sure they did it so they could have some where to go with the sequel. this isn't like batman where he has a new flame every movie. it's more like superman where they have to find a way to keep the romance and suspense going.

I know it was for the sequel which was why it ****ed me off. A sequel just means more money in Hollywood and they are always ten times worse than they original :(

xxx

yeah but i'm sure they're planning on stopping there. i'm sure they want to turn this into the next big superhero movie franchise. when they're already planning on making more than just one more movie, they usually put more effort into it.

I loved Spider-Man! I was more than a little surprised that it turned out as well as it did. There are precious few examples of films with decent sequels in Hollywood, and I really do hope they can keep all the elements that made the first Spidey so successful alive in future installments.

i really liked the movie, didnt notice any goofs in it, instead i just sat back and enjoyed it:rolly2:

Sorry, I'm late to the party again.

I just saw this on DVD when I got home and it's really rather good. My wife and kids all watched it this afternoon and surprisingly everybody liked it too. I enjoyed it all and didn't notice any mistakes. The jumping and webbing scenes were excellent. I loved the wrestling match too.

Originally posted by Tabitha
is that the actor that played Harry Osbourne?....

....I would imagine he will be coming back for the sequels.

Like him revenging his father's death, and becoming the Green Goblin 2?

Why didn't anyone like the ending?

MaryJane realised Peter was Spider-Man from his kiss. What more do you want?

I might just go and watch it again!