Enterprise-E to perform 'new tricks.'

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Rick Berman told Ian Spelling for Star Trek Monthly, "The Enterprise-E I've only known in movies.... It definitely has some new tricks up it's sleeve, some wonderful new tricks. A couple of the new tricks help facilitate one of the best action sequences in the movie, but I can't tell you about it now...."

Sounds interesting, anyone want to speculate on what that might be.

I was thinking he meant things that it had, but which we hadn't seen before -- like the Stellar Cartography room on the Enterprise-D in 'Generations', but not seen in 7 previous years of the TV series.

They would have to retro-fit a Transwarp Drive because otherwise they would have used it in 'Insurrection'.

They could also refit some of the 'Endgame' technology too!

What about simply having the Saucer Section go to warp independantly? And maybe armed with a KLINGON cloak, too?

(Since the Rommies are wetting their beds over the U.S.S. Defiant's continued or discontinued use of their ROMULAN cloak in peacetime.)

Just add & conceal some smaller, easier-to-conceal Defiant-Class warp coils inside the rim of the V-groove of the saucer section's hull that directly docks with the stardrive section. Hidden behind the same sort of fall-away panels like the ones used at DS9 to conceal the phaser turrets used against the Dominion/Cardassian fleet.

A Prometheus-Class style tactical feature.

Plus, integrated continuous self-sufficient internal holomatrix throughout the ship. A set of Command Holographic Avatars to take over in a pinch; external holo-emmiters on the hull to fool a set of enemy torpedoes into thinking the Enterprise has moved a few thousand meters off the torpedo's original trajectory? That's what I'd build into a Sovereign-Class. Plus, the armor from "Endgame" would be a nice trick!

I'm personally wondering where the hell this Argo-Class shuttle came from.

Here's what I'm talking about. See the upload attachment.

Attachments

• sovereign_separation_sequence.jpg
    sovereign_separation_sequence.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 392
Special Features

Where did you get that pic from? It sure would be cool to see that!

I don't know if you've seen the new trailer, but in it the Enterprise-E RAMS a Reman warship! It looks as though it does better than the Reman ship, but still gets pretty beaten up. Could this be the end of the Enterprise-E?:eek: