What if Harry dies? (Book 7)

i would reallly like that, would be cool to know what happens to him later in life:rolly2:

i, personally, don't think Harry is going to die. The book after all is a children's book and the main character dying in not a good way for Rowling to end the series. I think she's be slated for it

But by then he won't be a child, he will be 17 or 18, (and most of her readers will probably be older still.)

It isn't a good ending, I agree, but the alternative would be for her to continue to write about his adult life for ever.

You can see people asking for more and more stories -- the same pressure Colin Dexter had over his 'Inspector Morse' novels, or that John Sullivan has had for his TV series 'Only Fools and Horses'. There is nothing new in that, Arthur Conan Doyle was also pressured into more 'Sherlocke Holmes' stories.

You can have too much of a good thing. The only way she can put Harry to rest for good is to kill him off.

But I would like to see how he turns out as an adult, with children of his own. Nic's idea would work, with a kind of epilogue taking everyones story to completion.

well i want to know how he would do in the wizarding world after he got out of school:rolly2:

contains a few spoilers for 6 so yea..
at least one of them must due we know this much now .. i had a theory for a while about harry dying to voldemort and dumbledore finishing volde...

once one of them is dad they can be killed by anyone else but at the moment neither can killed by anything but the other....

unless something comes into play with the other child in the prophecy. we shall have to wait and see but i can see it becoming pretty serious in parts considering it is doubtful we shall see hogwarts again in these books.

it is always said to be a childrens book but it changed from that. it became a book for all ages.. readable by all ages.. with a dark and luring story.

no the idea of death is not out of the question

Hey! I think it would really suck if Harry died in the last book, but it is definitely possible, I have a theory on that if anyone wants to check it out, It's in the Half-blood prince discussion, under the thread name : Horcruxes.
Let me know what you think!