Best Gemmell book?

i cried at the end of waylander 3.
didn't like quest for lost heros. the rape thing put me off. it does that.
*shrug* me want more drenai!
i still have yet to get that morning star book! i totally forget all about it!

Must be the third book of waylander.
'Hero in the shadows':p

The only gemmel book I ever read. It wasn't bad, but well I'm a busy person and hardly ever finish series.

*First Post*
I am a big fan of "Lion of Macedon" and "Dark Prince". I loved the twists he took with they historic figures and events. The end is one of his best.

its really sad. its a good read, ties it up nicely, but aw, waylander! *sniff* he's such a great character and the ending is so poigniant and just so aw. :)

Legend and the Rigante series ar both great but the best in my opinion would have to be White Wolf or the Swords of Night and Day.

The Rigante Tales were really great. I might get to re-read after I have finished my current book...

finished waylander 2 and first chronicles of druss, both very good! i love druss. dont have wolf in shadow, last guardian or bloodstone which are next in the line on the contents so have moved onto ghost king.

ghost king was the first David Gemmell book I read must be about 15 years ago and absolutely loved it, it got me hooked on gemmell and have been ever since:)
hope you enjoy it as much as I did Allanon:D

Allanon said:
finished waylander 2 and first chronicles of druss, both very good! i love druss. dont have wolf in shadow, last guardian or bloodstone which are next in the line on the contents so have moved onto ghost king.

Wolf in Shadow is a must, Allanon. I think it was my favourite of the Gemmell books. I liked a lot of them, but that one was somehow different from the rest. Given that Gemmell writes to a formula, that is saying something.

SilverLady said:
........, but I dont think I could say that any one book of his was my fav. Love 'em all!;)
i agree, though dark prince could grab it if i had to chose

personally i dont find that the rigante novels were all that brilliant compared to some of his other books, i really liked the skilgannon books though as they (in my opinion) had better story lines.
the twin story would also be good, it could clean up areas of uncertainty for me.