Do you believe in the odd number curse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwxy

The Star Trek Oracle
do you believe in the curse with the odd numbers??

definately a really big YES some of the odd number ones have been dissapointing when compared to the one directly b4

I'm going to move this to the 'Star Trek films' forum.

I said no, because I don't believe there is a curse. The even numbered films have been much better than the odd though, just through sheer coincidence.

coincidence or conspiracy?
conspiracy or curse?
curse or coincidence?

It looks like a curse, but only if you don't think about it for more than a couple of seconds. If you do think about it, you'll realise that 8 was terrible, and 3 was okay (but no 2 or 4).

But even if the pattern were consistent, there'd still be no question of a curse. It's not even enough to call coincidence.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT??????

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?????? First contact was the best film of the lot!!!!!!
i have seen every movie more times than i care to count and each time the curse becomes more apparent with 2,4,6,8 being loads better each time and 3,5,7,9 being average or poor compared with the film before it
the first doesnt really count though as it is only with the sequals
well gotta go 2dTV is on l8r

Originally posted by rde
If you do think about it, you'll realise that 8 was terrible, and 3 was okay (but no 2 or 4).

I liked 'First Contact' too!

If you look at our own poll here of the best movie, 8 is winning, 2 and 4 do fairly well too, only 6 isn't that well liked of the even ones. The odd ones generally do badly. I also have audience and gross takings figures there to compare them.

I suppose first contact was okay, as long as you don't wonder how a guy in a post-apocalyptic wasteland managed to create antimatter and collect dilithium crystals, borg breathing in space, an awful lot of egregious time travelling silliness, and a whole bunch of other things I couldn't be arsed enumerating.

My thesis, btw, is this: all star trek films are ****. Some, however, are so bad that the preceding and succeeding ones seem good by comparison. First Contact looks good compared to the godawful one after it that I can't remember the name of; equally, even Armageddon wouldn't look that bad if it came before or after #5.

he used the nuclear warhead
borg dont need to breath they r basically walking talking cybernetic corpses
the one after first contact is insurrection

I voted no. Almost totally based on the fact that "The Voyage Home" was the biggest load of tosh ever commited to screen.

I thought First Contact was great.

I don't beleive in the odd number curse in connection with the 'Star Trek' films as ANY of them can be good or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back