Gerry Anderson- Music Scores

ray gower

One of the most powerful features of all of Gerry Anderson's productions has been the full orchestral music scores that have gone with them.

I heard a medely of them today on the radio, and they really stir the blood as well as fond memories.

I do have a couple of questions, as my memory is not what it was.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get the scores on disk from anywhere other than Fanderson?
Does anybody know who performed the closing songs of Fireball XL5 (Fireball) and Stingray (Aqua Maria)?

I remember the voices so very vividly from the radio as a kid, but can't remember who they were.

Unfortantely it's extremely hard to get any of Gerry Anderson's music on C.D or cassette, but I was lucky in having an uncle who had a C.D & cpoied it for me, so now I can listen to music from 'Thunderbirds' when ever I want too!

:rolly2: :rolly2: :crying:

Sadly the only Anderson theme I can find is Thunderbirds.
Though I have two versions. One by the Central Band of the Royal Air Force (Probably the worst band in the British Military) and the one played by The Shadows when they appeared.

The 'Thunderbirds' theme music is offically called 'The Thunderbirds March" & the orginal idea was to have the song 'Flying High' at the end like 'Marina' in 'Stingray', but in the end the idea was scrapped.

:rolly2: :rolly2:

I used to like the end of 'Thunderbirds' where you have to guess what part of what machine you are looking at. It gets a little easy when you've seen it a few times though. My brother and sister and I used to play guessing which side of the screen the USS Enterprise comes out of on the 'Star Trek' credits too. Same problem there! Happy Days!

I agree with you, but now I tend to look away from the screen & guess which craft it is by the music, manage to get it right all of the time & can do the same with the title music with the order of the Tracy brothers, Brains & Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward!

:rolly2: :rolly2: :rolly2:

Found them! |Little victory jig|

Both were written by Barry Grey

Aqua Maria was sung by Guy Miller.
Knew I knew the voice. He was quite a popular band singer at the start of the 60's. The Tornadoes released a cover version as well.

Fireball was sung by Don Spencer, who sadly I do not know.
I think Fireball may have been his only recorded hit, which is a pity, his voice does seem better than Adam Faith's, my previous thought.

Both were written by Barry Grey
Aqua Maria was sung by Guy Miller.
Knew I knew the voice. He was quite a popular band singer at the start of the 60's. The Tornadoes released a cover version as well.
Fireball was sung by Don Spencer, who sadly I do not know.
I think Fireball may have been his only recorded hit, which is a pity, his voice does seem better than Adam Faith's, my previous thought.

Gary Miller sang Aqua Marina.

Don Spencer is Australian. In 2002 Don Spencer established the Australian Children's Music Foundation. On 26 January 2007 he was awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) with the citation "for service to children's music and television as a songwriter and performer, and through the establishment of the Australian Children's Music Foundation". His daughter Danielle married actor Russell Crowe.
Fireball is my very favourite Barry Gray song. :)