Star Trek X not last film:

padders

System Lord of ASciFi.com
http://www.infinitelybetter.com/index.cfm?page=newsStory&cat=3&prodID=557&productzone=news&head=3

In interviews with Cinescape and the Star Trek monthly (Official UK Mag) franchise leader Rick Berman has allayed rumours that Star Trek: Nemesis will be the last film. ‘Nemesis’ is the 10th film in the Star Trek film legacy and ‘The Next Generation’ cast may return for yet another feature after ‘Nemesis.’ Rick Berman had this to say on the matter;
“I am overwhelmed with how great the footage is. We’re getting remarkable stuff. It looks like a huge movie and it’s going to be the scariest movie we’ve done. There are some moments of real terror that we haven’t seen before in Star Trek… If all our actors were hit by a truck the day after filming ended, would this work as the last movie? Yeah. It’s certainly not a cliff-hanger. There’s no sense of, ‘Oh my god, what’s going to happen to X or Y…’ On the other hand, this movie in no way has an ending that is going to give you the feeling that we could not go any further. I have no idea. My feeling about this film is that it’s going to be wildly successful. I’m just so pleased with the quality of work we’re getting, starting with writer John Logan to what I saw Stuart Baird directing tonight on the stage. It will be an extraordinary film and my guess is that as a result Paramount will most likely want to make another one. We’ll see.â€

I guess what Berman is saying is ‘watch this space’ (Sorry about the pun!!!). I mean as Ali G would say “Keep it real†what film company wouldn’t want to continue making Star Trek movies with the cult aficionados it has created? There will always be a market for them. Still no news on an impending ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’ film as yet but I will be keeping my eyes peeled. Alternatively if you spot anything then feel free to contact me - Elly@infinitelybetter.com

By Elly Corcoran

I read that interview too. Neo seems to think it will be the last one with the TNG cast though, I don't know his source for that.

Paramount will make films as long as the money keeps coming. The TNG cast have a proven film record and it is still the most popular series.

Some of the actors may not make another film though. Brent Spinner has already expressed his view that Data should not get old, but that he himself is aging.

I personally would like to see a DS9 film, but I think it is most unlikely. If another TNG film is made, they would most likely skip Voyager too, and jump to Enterprise following that one.

I don't believe that the 'Star Trek' films will end as there's the possibilty of doing more with the 'Next Generation' crew 7 then after no more can be done moving one to ALL of the other 'Star Trek' series that there are

i would like to think STX isnt the end as the only series really capable i think of having some films after TNG would be Enterprise bu then we would have to wait for Enterprise to be over before the film and IMO all this time travel stuff is not that good for the show but hey Romulan war maybe from season 3 or 4

TV Guide interview with B & B

from SCI FI Wire

Trek Far From Over

Star Trek executive producers Brandon Braga and Rick Berman told TV Guide in an upcoming issue that the franchise may be ailing, but it's not dead yet. The issue, which hits newsstands on Feb. 24, also features suggestions from TV Guide editors on how to improve the Enterprise television series as well as the declining Trek film franchise.

Despite disappointing box office numbers for 'Star Trek: Nemesis', Berman told the magazine that he can't imagine numerous other movies won't occur. He also hinted that future films may include a combination of characters from various Trek television series.

I would be happy with that, it's what I said would be best all along.

Back