Peter Wingfield

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Peter Wingfield - Methos/Adam Pierson - was born 5 September 1962 in Cardiff, Wales, UK.

(bio from imdb.com)

Born in Cardiff, Peter trained as a doctor at Brasenose College, Oxford and St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College. His drama training was at the National Youth Theatre in Wales and at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London. On leaving drama school in 1990, Peter made his television debut in Beeban Kidron's Screen Two production of Antonia and Jane (1991) before going on to play lead roles in three television drama series: "Alex" in Granada TV's MEDICS; "Lt. Nick Pasco" in SOLDIER SOLDIER for Central TV;and "Tom Walton" in THE MEN'S ROOM, a five-part series directed by Antonia Bird for BBC TV. In 1991, Peter filmed a second series of MEDICS for directors Simon Cellan Jones and Clive Fleury (I). He went on to play the role of "Martin Welford" (opposite Edward Petherbridge and Sara Kestelman) in Tim Luscombe's revival of Noel Coward's POINT VALAINE at the Chicester Festival Theater. In 1992, Peter played "Fourth Actor" in a new adaptation of Pirandello's SIX CHARACTERS IN SEARCH OF AN AUTHOR, produced by Simon Curtis and directed by Bill Bryden (I) for the BBC2 Performance series of films, and played "Miglioritti" in David Hare's 1992 adaptation of Pirandello's THE RULES OF THE GAME, directed by Jonathan Ken at the Almelda Theatre. He went on to appear as "Paul", the younger brother, opposite Alfred Molina in TRUST ME, a film for BBC Television directed by Tony Dow (I). For the same director, he recently filmed the role of "Josh" in BLISTERS, a comedy pilot for BBC TV. Peter played "Durrant" in the Gloria/Cambridge Theater Company production of Marivaux's THE GAME OF LOVE AND CHANCE, co-directed by Mike Alfreds and Neil Bartlett, which toured nationally in 1992 before coming into the Cottesloe Theatre for a season until April 1993. Peter played "Alun Lewis" in ALUN LEWIS: DEATH AND BEAUTY, directed and produced by Jeff Morgan (I) for BBC Wales. He played "Rufus" in the first episode of LIFEBOAT, a Lynda La Plante series directed by Karl Francis for BBC TV. Other work in 1993 included his first role in a feature film, that of "Max" in Jim McBride's THE FLEMISH BOARD. Television credits in 1994 include: "Karl" in 3 episodes of INTO THE FIRE, a new BBC drama series, directed by Jane Howell; "Philip" in DEGAS AND PISSARRO FALL OUT, a half-hour drama for the "Without Walls" strand on Channel 4; "John Westlock" in Pedr James' BBC TV hugely successful five-part serialization of Dickens' MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT; "Barry" in the BBC's NICE DAY AT THE OFFICE directed by John Kilby; "Danny" in four episodes of CROCODILE SHOES, directed by David Richards (I) and "D.S. Pete Dyson" in the BBC Screen One MURDER IN MIND, directed by Bob Bierman.

And I'll post this piece of trivia: "He is former National Trampoline Champion"! (imdb.com)

And, of course, a link to his impressive list of movies and tv appearances.