The Music

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
What would the movies be without the music? And in the case of "Highlander" - without the music of Queen and Michael Kamen.

Michael Kamen is one of my personal favorite composers (he follows a close second to John Williams, who is responsible for movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones). Kamen did an excellent job in Highlander combining his music with the themes from the Queen songs - especially "Who Wants to Live Forever."

So - discuss the music!

well frankly, i liked queen before the movie but did not buy any of their music until i watched highlander. i usually don't pay attention to the music...but the music of highlander was perfect for every scene.

yep - can't say i was a fan of Queen before HL, but i wasn't 'not' a fan either - just kind of indifferent --

but - i like Queen - and i like the stuff they did for Highlander -

and Michael Kamen - he's brilliant - he composed for "Dances with Wolves" and "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" - both movies have excellent sountracks. Kamen was also the conductor of the San Francisco Orchestra when they played w/ Metallica - and that is GREAT!

but - back to Highlander music - each piece fits so nicely with each scene - the music helps make the movie -

esp the scene in the 'round' room when Connor has Brenda stab him -- great music!

This movie's soundtrack is awesome. Queen practically made this movie with their music. I love Princes of the Universe and Who wants to live forever.

My fave song is played over the closing credits - "It's a Kind of Magic" --

It's also played when Connor's in the bar in the 2nd movie --

My favorite is probably "Hammer to Fall" although I like pretty much all the songs it just depedns on my mood which ones I listen too.