Worf should be a captain....

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
...not an ambassador! Look at the guy! He is a born leader and strategist! He is coolness personified. He can kick anyone's ass in a straight fight. Anyone's! He was meant to command. One small flaw...he is a little trigger happy. He could change that however with a little more training and experience.

I don't like the idea of Worf being a captain. There was one episode where him and Jadzia were on a vital mission to help the federation against the dominion and she got injured. Ignoring the consequences he takes her back to the runabout instead of meeting the dominion traitor that would of had invaluable information. So because of his selfish actions, countless people may have died including the dominion traitor.

He only switched to command when he went to DS9, before that he wore a yellow ops shirt for 7 seasons.

I think he should have accepted Klingon Chancellor. I think that Martok is too weak to make a good one.

Ooo is it wise to call a Klingon weak?? :D

I agree with Shaun, i don't think that Worf would make such a great captain. There was another episode too, where he was actually in command and he fired on a civilian ship (okay so that turned out to be a set-up) but still doesn't feel like he's ready for command.

Originally posted by Maria8475
There was another episode too, where he was actually in command and he fired on a civilian ship (okay so that turned out to be a set-up) but still doesn't feel like he's ready for command.

Worf was still proved to have made a command mistake, even though it wasn't a civilian ship. So that and the Jadzia incident must be large blackmarks on his record.