Thomas Sean Connery

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Thomas Sean Connery - Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, Chief metalurgist to King Phillip II of Spain (Charles V in Highlander II) - was born 25 August 1930 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, UK.

(bio from imdb.com)

Sean Connery found fame and fortune as the suave, sophisticated British agent, James Bond. After six Bond films, Connery yearned to break from the Bond image, and eventually earned an Oscar as veteran Chicago cop, Jimmy Malone, in Untouchables, The (1987). A genuine movie star, his co-stars often complement his professionalism. Connery continues to be at his best when he plays no-nonsense characters.

I suggest a read of the trivia piece of his bio. There are some interesting tidbits there.

Trivia from "Highlander: The Immortal Edition" - They shot all of Connery's scenes in 7 days, so many of the shots where Connor is talking to Ramirez, Ramirez isn't Connery, it's a double, b/c they had to film all of Connery's parts fairly quickly. The opening sequence, the part where Connery reads "...no one has known we were among you..." bit, was recorded in Connery's home in Spain.

There's a lot more if you listen to the directorial commentary on the DVD.

Sean Connery --

again - I'll link to the thread from "Highlander".

Discuss the odd reappearance of Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez in the 2nd Highlander film. (Yes, I am still confused why they brought him back, except to draw a bigger audience. Weird move tho, guess it worked, in some respects.)

Sean Connery has an unbelievable screen presence, he always steals every scene he's in.

olol, sean connery was the best part about the Highlander 2, :D His scenes were just great

olol, sean connery was the best part about the Highlander 2, :D His scenes were just great

the quote couldn't be more true. What really gets me, is that I can't see any reason for his character to appear at all in that movie.

I know this is an old thread, but it's worth mentioning that Sean Connery IS reason enough for appearing in any movie. :) Lol