What is Worf doing in Nemesis?

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
Dorn: No Mention Of Worf/Troi In 'Nemesis'

Fans looking for closure to the Worf/Troi relationship in 'Star Trek: Nemesis' will be disappointed, says the Klingon's real-life alter ego, Michael Dorn.

"They don't touch on it," Dorn told Star Trek Monthly's Ian Spelling (via Sci-Fi Pulse). Rather than hooking up with the Klingon, Deanna Troi will tie the knot with Enterprise-E first officer William Riker at the start of the film. "Worf's not just a face in the crowd at the wedding, but he doesn't deal with the fact that Riker and Troi are getting married. There are no lines in there that deal with that whole situation."

The actor was in favour of mentioning the relationship, which blossomed during The Next Generation's seventh season. "I had discussions with [Director Stuart Baird and writer John Logan] about it," Dorn said. "I said, 'It would be funny and interesting to have Worf do something, maybe grumble or snarl a little when Picard makes his toast to Riker and Deanna.' I thought it would be funny to have him shoot a look at Deanna during the vows, but they just didn't want to deal with it."

After the destruction of the Enterprise-D, Worf joined the crew of Deep Space Nine and married Trill science officer Jadzia Dax, who was later killed. Baird didn't think Worf would still be attached to his former flame, although Dorn disagreed.

"The director said that he felt Worf had moved on with his life, that his relationship with Deanna was in the past, and that he doesn't hold a grudge," he said. "And I thought, 'Wait, do you know who Worf is? This guy would hold a grudge for 100,000 years if he could live that long!' But for some reason, they didn't want to deal with it. So we just let it go."

He continues with his reasoning: "I always thought there was something very interesting there that they should have explored a little more. In the last film [Star Trek: Insurrection] while Riker and Troi were in the bathtub, Worf called down there and said 'Commander, we need you on the Bridge.' When I saw the movie at the premiere, the audience reacted when thry heard my voice calling down to him. There was a murmer in the crowd, like people were going, 'Ooooh. What's going to happen?' "

they are just making shortcuts.. there are too many threads they have to end or tie up as its the last TNG movie..

Nemesis Scaled Back Worf

SCIFI WIRE -- Michael Dorn, who played fan favorite Worf in Star Trek: The Next Generation, told SCI FI Wire that his role is considerably reduced in the upcoming Star Trek: Nemesis movie. "Worf isn't up to much in Nemesis," Dorn said in an interview. "Usually he has his fighting stuff. He gets one or two scenes where he really is doing Worf stuff. In this movie there isn't any of that. There's a lot of stuff going on [in general], and I think the Worf kinds of scenes just didn't lend themselves to this particular installment of our series."

Dorn, who will next appear as the Sandman in The Santa Clause 2, added that he nearly didn't participate in the 10th Trek movie at all. "I was very close," he said. "It was extremely close. It was just negotiation stuff, business. But it was very close. There were several times when I just called my friends [among the Next Generation cast] before they found out, and I said, 'Look, it's just not going to happen. I'm really sorry.' But at the last minute [Paramount Pictures] came up with something that I could live with." Nemesis opens Dec. 13.

personally...don't kill me...I never liked the Troi/Worf thing & am glad it's not being refered too...:rolleyes:

Hello all

Just a quick question here. I thought this might be the best place for it rather than just adding a new thread.

Does anyone know (book or seen the movie) what is up with the character of Worf? When last seen Worf was off to become a diplomat (or something). Or was he going to be the ambassador to the Federation from the Klingon Empire. Is this brought up during Nemesis or not??

Thanks

jom

I've been trying to avoid reading about this film's main actual plot, until I've seen it. So, I can't help you, sorry.

It did seen a little forced, the way in 'First Contact' Worf was able to turn up at just the right time from DS9. I wonder how he will be able to ignore ambassadorial duties to be there in 'Nemesis', but the Wedding is a good excuse to get everyone together.

Now that I've actually seen the film, I have to agree with Jom.

My biggest gripe of the whole movie was "Why is Worf at tactical on the Enterprise?" Maybe I'm a sad person, but even half way through, I was missing dialogue still thinking on this.

I expected some half-cocked excuse to be given at the start, but there was nothing. All I can assume is that they were all travelling to the Wedding at Betazed on the Enterprise, and he is simply there because it got diverted. That doesn't explain why he wears a Command uniform. Don't you resign from Starfleet to enter the Diplomatic service. Spock was Ambassador Spock in TNG 'Unification', not Captain Spock.

Worf is probably my favourite character, and as Michael Dorn says, he had very little to do in this film, except to sit in the back of the ground car, and to keep asking to put the shields up. I was most disappointed. He didn't even get a goodbye at the end like (Mr) and Mrs Troi.

Hadn't actually thought about it till now. Worf wasn't in the film much apart from standing on the bridge, sitting at a table and in the back of the car. Bit of a disappointment really. Mind you, it would've been funny if the ceremony on Betazed had taken place, can you imagine the laughs they would've been had Worf and the rest of the crew been 'naked'???????? LOL

annette :lol:

This situation for getting Worf on the Enterprise seemed a lot less contrived than in First Contact, but I think that is mainly because, as you all said, he hardly had anything to do!

I can't really even remember him being on the bridge at all! All I can remember of him is at the wedding and on the planet where they found B4. Did he even beam down with the rest to meet Shinzon? I don't think so.

Originally posted by Tabitha
Did he even beam down with the rest to meet Shinzon? I don't think so.

i think he may have but i can't be sure. that shows what memories like seeing as i only saw it last night!

Originally posted by skoon
personally...don't kill me...I never liked the Troi/Worf thing & am glad it's not being refered too...:rolleyes:

Gotta say that I agree totally here. The Troi/Worf thing always seemed "off" to me, they were good as friends and work mates but as more it just didn't work for me.

What can I say I'm just a die hard Troi/Riker fan, there has always been something between those characters and the actors who play them. It just gels so well :D

But it wouldn't be the same if Worf wasn't there for the wedding. He was a good friend to both of them throughout the series.

Willz
:blpaw::blpaw:

Worf involved in a little more than saying 'Raise Shields' every few minutes.

He actually shot at the Remen boarders. Shock Horror, he even managed to hit a few- Amazing considering his track record!