Wesley (all the rumours)

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Wesley is Married???

from Section32.com
Via ZEntertainment::

"Ashley Judd was on Letterman the other night to promote her new movie, High Crimes. Dave surprised her with a clip of her appearance on Star Trek TNG, where she went on a date with Wesley Crusher (Wil Wheaton). Judd mentioned that she was reprising the roll (of Robin Lefler) in Star Trek: Nemesis as Wesley's wife."

Does anyone know if this is true?

What do you think about it?

I half like the idea of him marrying Lefler, but it breaks continuity, doesn't it? Didn't Wesley leave Starfleet and go off to become a Traveller? Didn't he ascend to a higher plane?

I find it strange that he would keep up contact with Lefler, while never keeping up contact with his mother or the rest of the crew.

After reading some other comments about this it seems more likely that she was making a joke, but it was taken seriously by someone and spread around the net as is usual.

My reasons are:

1) It is not on any Ashley Judd sites.

2) It is not on WilWheaton.net

(Someone posted that it is there as a question from someone, but I can't find it. Also, although I think Wil said that he had to sign something about not giving away the film plot, it has never stopped him leaking other things, and I feel sure he would have said something by now.)

3) Rick Berman confirmed the guests stars two weeks ago, and made no mention of her.

4) I have yet to read anything by anyone who actually heard her say this themselves, it is all second or third hand. The Letterman site does not have transcribes of episodes either.

5) And finally, someone asked why Ashley Judd would want to appear in a film with her clothes on!

Apologies for the original title of this thread, which was a huge spoiler if it were true. Not that anyone seems particularly interested anyway. Is Wesley really so boring?

Wil Wheaton says "Ah, incidentally, I have heard this Ashley Judd rumor, and it's news to me."

That about closes that then.

It did produce a vast amount of discussion about Wesley's character though. And if Ashley Judd wanted some publicity, it certainly worked for her.

Weasley also says this:

"Now, as to this rumor: If she's the future Mrs. Crusher, she certainly isn't in any scenes with me. Wesley does get a little bumpy-bumpy (well, not really, but maybe you could imply it. If you squint.) but it sure isn't from Robin Lefler.

DAMN!

I think this is a joke that caught fire, and through the magic of the internet has taken on a life of it's own."

Wheaton Cut From Nemesis?

Does Wesley Crusher get crushed? His reaction to the rumor that they have cut his cameo appearance from the wedding scene that opens the film was "Perfect!"

Later, Wheaton wrote on his official Web site that he's not sure whether or not his character will appear in the film's final cut. "I spoke with my manager, and he made some calls about Trek X," Wheaton wrote. "The word is that it's too early to know if I'm out or not, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to cut my scene, so this may turn out to be a stupid Internet rumor. I am grateful that I have good people working for/with me, who care about my career as much as I do."

Yet again an internet rumour... but they are good... LOL

Originally posted by Dave
Weasley also says this:
Was that typo on purpose :wink2: ???

I read somewhere that Ms Judd was actually really ticked off about these rumours - how quickly she forgets her humble (?) beginnings. Surely in that business any publicity is good publicity.

The most recent Nemesis-related posting on scifiwire tells us that post is all on track, and that "The studio [Paramount] is very, very pleased," the executive producer said in an interview. "Actually, the only notes we've gotten from the studio were to put some stuff back in that we'd taken out of the film."

Maybe they picked Wesley's footage up from the cutting room floor.

I hope it makes it to the final cut...

I was going to say something extremely sexist then.... but decied not to.. LOL

It's official!

Wil Wheaton has been cut from 'Nemesis'. Wesley has been 'Crushed'.

He announced it on his weblog http://www.wilwheaton.net/ although he suspected it for some time.

The film was 48 minutes too long. "They cut a whole episode" Wheaton said to Rick Berman.

They actually considered removing the whole opening Wedding scene at one point.

I think that the good news is that at least it will be worthwhile buying the DVD when it is realised. You don't often get 48 minutes extra of a film on a DVD release!

Originally posted by Dave

The film was 48 minutes too long

:confused: How do you get that much extra story out of one script? I would have liked to see Wesley in the final cut - I certainly hope it makes the final draft of the DVD.

I've no idea how it can be so long, but if you stick in a lot of expensive space battles, you wouldn't want to cut those. There is more in his weblog, I just didn't want to copy it all. It has also appeared on Ain't it Cool and Scifi Wire.

I could have lived with the whole Wedding scene being cut myself, it doesn't seem to have much to do with the rest of the story, except for the
reason why Lxawanna Troi is not there
I don't know exactly what that has to do with it though, I'm trying to leave myself some surprises for December.

Yeh, I am also trying to avoid too many spoilers. Seems like I know too much already! Will try to resisit going back to www.wilwheaton.net (which I think is a guilty pleasure - I do like his ranting :blush: ).

Originally posted by Tabitha

:confused: How do you get that much extra story out of one script? I would have liked to see Wesley in the final cut - I certainly hope it makes the final draft of the DVD.

Well LOTR gained a whole chunk of time in the extended version...perhaps it's easier & cheeper to fim more to start with & then hack rather than having to go back & film more for not having enough?