Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Chilly

The Ladder

Hey i saw this the other day and i actually thought it was kinda cool
i mean tim robbins gave an excellent performance!
also the fact that it was based on a possible true event made it better. it was really sad though.

wat did u lot think of it?

This is an excellent film - it was on last week - did anyone watch it again?

Really the stuff nightmares are made of, right from the beginning. The disjointed mode of telling the story couldn't have been more perfect considering the subject matter. Truly chilling.

The main character was dead and didn't know it. The Demons taunting and putting him though hell were also the Angels who were trying to help see this. They were trying to help him move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched it a long time ago, at the time I found it somewhat underwhelming with a bit of a cop out ending.

One of my all time favorite films, it is a deviation from other Lyne's films, which are ok, and this is brilliant.

It's a very good film on so many levels, and despite the fact it's almost 20 years old, it still feels fresh & contemporary.

Great story, with plenty of shocking/disturbing scenes along the way, with a rather delightful ending too!

Watched it a long time ago, at the time I found it somewhat underwhelming with a bit of a cop out ending.

Cop out ending? That's what the entire film was about!

^It's been a long time since I watched it, many years, but that's the impression it left me with. I was just underwhelmed by the ending. It felt like a middlin' Twilight Zone episode to me. Just one man's opinion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gratefulz Book Search 10
hlywkar Critiques 2