Roswell heading to Sci-Fi channel?

Royal One

I just visited the www.crashdown.com/ website and according to the latest news executive producer Jonathon Frakes is in the process of trying to have Roswell accepted on the sci-fi channel, but I did not understand whether he was referring to repeats of seasons 1-3 or a new season 4.

Does anyone know?

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

I read on the SciFi site that Frakes was doing an interview about ST:Nemesis and also spoke about Roswell. During that discussion he mentioned that the series is being shopped around to different networks including SciFi for next season (#4). They are doing this in an attempt to get a backup plan in case UPN cancels the show later this spring. But there was nothing definite planned yet.

Good idea!

Back-up plans are always a good idea! I wouldn't want to be without Roswell so I hope that if it is cancelled on UPN that another network will agree to take it. I think it would be great if SCI-FI took it. As long as I can keep watching, I'll watch it on any channel.

Re: Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

Originally posted by Mysterious Stranger
I read on the SciFi site that Frakes was doing an interview about ST:Nemesis and also spoke about Roswell. During that discussion he mentioned that the series is being shopped around to different networks including SciFi for next season (#4). They are doing this in an attempt to get a backup plan in case UPN cancels the show later this spring. But there was nothing definite planned yet.

Thanks for clearing that up, Mysterious Stranger.
So the show has not been officially cancelled by UPN, then why is it everywhere I look I read gloom and doom for the show? Oh well, I guess I shouldn't believe everything I read.

Re: Nice handprint!

Originally posted by HeyLynny
Sweetbabe.....I love your handprint!

thanx.. :cool:

well it kinda looks promising for roswell in a way i guess :D

Just read on the SciFi Channel site that they have picked up the rights to the reruns of Seasons 1-3. They have the rights for 5 years. It was also mentioned that a 4th season seemed unlikely. But we've been hearing that all year...

awwww i thought it would mean a series 4 if the scifi channel had taken the show on

I suppose they could still possibly get season 4 if UPN renews it, but it's highly unlikely given the poor ratings and all the bad press the cast is generating with their constant bitching about everything.

But you never know...

The networks announce their fall schedules in late May so we'll know then.