Staff member
9.16 : Release.

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

so, was it the Assistant Director that killed Doggett's son? I was a little confused by that.
:blpaw:

[color=dark-blue] Totally love this episode, was great to know the story of Doggett and his son murder. And how he could find peace after all those years. As any X-Files episodes the results as always are very complicated. But I think the hint was that the man, the one that the cadet told Doggett really kill his son, I think it was something like Doggett's son saw something he shouldn't and the man killed him. The Assistant Director killed the man because as Monica tells he have business with him or was accepting money from him. And I think although the cadet was a mental patient at the end he was telling the true. I think that was they hint in the episode. But since is an X-Files episode everything is possible.[/color] :D

Krystal :p

OOOH, ok.
That cadet was a little creapy, with the way he knew everything and all.
:blpaw:

Yeah, I always suspect something was wrong with him. Specially with that room full of pictures of people murder and that interest on dead people. :dead:

Krystal :D

I agree that the cadet was telling the truth. The pictures and stuff on his walls are classic for people with schizophrenia. The whole obessing with things and all that. I think he just felt that he had to help Doggett solve his son's murder. Either way though...it was nice to see Doggett get some closure on that part of his life.

Originally posted by Diamond9697
Either way though...it was nice to see Doggett get some closure on that part of his life.

[color=dark red] Yeah, definitely it was very touching and seeing Doggett find peace after all this time.[/color]

Krystal :freak4:

Either way though...it was nice to see Doggett get some closure on that part of his life.

My exact thoughts too. I could hardly believe they had some closure on the 'Luke' story, but I then realised that it's nearly the end, so it doesn't really matter any more :crying:

Actually given this show I still wasn't all that sure they would get closure on the Luke story so it was a pleasant surprise indeed!

Good to see Doggetts son case finally solved. I am assuming Follmer had something to do with it(forgive me for being dense). Especially after he shot that bloke at the end.

The schizophrenic guy was really weird (for want of a better word). He did seem to know his stuff. You'd think he would come in useful for solving other cases for the F.B.I.

annette :D

Actually given this show I still wasn't all that sure they would get closure on the Luke story so it was a pleasant surprise indeed!

yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Afterall, mulder worked on the Samantha case for years before any kinda closure.

Originally posted by Annette
I am assuming Follmer had something to do with it (forgive me for being dense). Especially after he shot that bloke at the end.

Follmer had been on the take from the Mafia, exactly as Reyes suggested he was (and the reason that their relationship broke up.) Follmer said that he had proof that he wasn't, and no doubt he did, but the hit-man had evidence against him. When Follmer said that he wanted out, the hit-man said that the evidence would be sent to a newspaper, so Follmer killed him. I expect that it could be claimed to be in "self-defense", as a gun was pointed at Doggett (I think -- not clear about that bit)

Liked this ep, nice bit of closure (for once), nice little hug at the end with Doggett/Reyes. ::nods:: goodish ep all around :) although the cadet has really big lips :eek:

x x x

LOL at the 'the cadet has really big teeth'. Who knows they could have been false ones for the show LOL

Was a good episode. I had seen it before but still wasn't sure who was responsible for the killing of Doggetts son. Good reminder!!!

annette :D

I've been neglecting this fandom :( only reason i watched it is because my sister rang me up and wanted to talk about it :rolleyes: but i have seen the season before (it's one of my favs actually) :D i am definitely going to tape the finale and Sunshine Days this time! :D

x x x