Stewart talking Nemesis on 'E! News Daily' (Full Transcript)

Dave

Custom title not found
Staff member
Supporter
Patrick Stewart: "The good captain [patting his chest] has been captured and he is a prisoner of Shinzon, our young bad guy."

[Cut to shot of Picard standing in a restraint similar to a Borg regeneration chamber. Shinzon stands directly opposite him, in full costume, speaking.]

Interviewer: "Evildoer?"

Stewart: "[Let's call him a] confused guy..."

[Cut to shot of Android B-9, played by Brent Spiner in a yellow costume, standing alongside Shinzon.]

Shinzon [with odd inflection]: "I... now... have... access... to... Star... Fleet... communication... protocol..."

Interviewer: "Tom Hardy for this film is one of those new actors. What can you tell us about the villain in this one?"

[Cut to close-up of Shinzon staring down Picard.]

Stewart: "He is very bright, very charismatic, but psychologically a terrible mess."

[Cut to shot of B-9 and Shinzon entering the room earlier in the scene, some Reman solders are visible in the margins of the frame.]

Interviewer: "How do you explain how it went from sort of a cult following to where now if you don't know about STAR TREK, you're on the outside?"

Stewart: "But you know, that original cult following was large, so I understand. So it wasn't a handful of people sitting in their dens watching Bill and Leonard and the original crew."

[Cut to clip of William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy from TOS.]

Interviewer: "Is this the end of the road for the Next Generation?"

Stewart: "I honestly don't know, and I also don't know if it should be. Ultimately, these things come down to one issue, and that's profits."

[Cut to close-up of the Remans in full makeup, then a rapid left pan to Picard in the restraint from previous clips.]

Stewart continues: "But I have a notion that there is a sequel begging to be made of this particular movie, [chuckles]."

Interviewer: "To find out what happens to Captain Picard, well, you're going to have to wait until it comes to a theatre near you, later this year." [Interviewer is beamed away.]

News anchor: "... STAR TREK: NEMESIS opens in November."

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
It is looking sooo good this movie... seen more of the script....