Forum Story Poll 2: Plot

How shall we establish the plot for the Forum Story?

• One participant provides basic plot outline, with details determined by characters' reactions to eve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plot by all participants

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemissattitude

Super Moderator
In which we decide whether one person will provide a basic plot template in which a very general plot outline will be filled in with details by the characters as the story progresses, or whether the plot will be decided by committee as we go.

In addition, following is a repost of McMurphy's thread-starter on character outlines. It would be helpful to the process of getting started if each participant would generate an outline telling us about the character he or she has created for this story. You can use the outline provided item by item, or write a paragraph or two describing your character including as many of the items on the outline as are appropriate.

Several writing sources suggest that writers make sure that they can answer anything about their main character, regardless if the details would ever make into the story. Below is a quick template of a character profile sheet that I have whipped up. Fill it out for a character you are currently writing about, plan to write about, or simply make up a character on the spot.

CHARACTER PROFILE

Full Name:
AKA:
Physical Description:
Nervous Habits:
Common Swear Words/Phrases:
Vocal Patterns:
Sexual Relationships/History/Preferences:
Family:
Friendships:
Religion:
Dislikes:
Hobbies:
Professional History:
Educational History:
Social Class:
Prejudices:
Faults:
Attributes:
Origin (pre-existing story):

Thanks again to McMurphy (who I haven't seen around here for awhile, by the way) for providing us with this helpful outline.:D

Still got a bit of time to go on the poll, but so far, it looks like we're unanimous.

Has anyone got their character decided on yet?

Even more to the point, since we've apparently decided to determine plot collectively, has someone got an opening? Yes? I'll start a "first chapter" thread Sunday night or Monday morning (my local time; that'll be Monday evening or early Tuesday for a lot of you; drat this being over at nearly the end of the time zones).

I'm sorry to bother you, but can epic fantasy involve cavemen and dinosaurs and lost valleys? I don't want to get booed off the floor if I suggest it later on.

polymorphikos said:
I'm sorry to bother you, but can epic fantasy involve cavemen and dinosaurs and lost valleys? I don't want to get booed off the floor if I suggest it later on.
Well, I'm not the world's biggest authority on epic fantasy, not by a long shot. But I can see possibilities there. And after all, epic fantasies usually take place in created worlds - which, to me, cries out "Anything that works". Then again, that might just be me and my twisted little imagination.;) Probably best to get a few more opinions.

Sorry I couldn't give you a more concrete answer.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.