Monty Python: Life of Brian or Holy Grail

I think the Holy Grail is a funnier film, and in some ways a more learned one, given the things it parodies. However it feels more of a mess to me than Brian, and less coherent. I prefer it to Brian, overall, but I'm not sure that it's necessarily better.

"We're the Knights of the Round table Ready willing able " :lol:

chained man in the dungeon clapping a very slow applause .:D

"We're the Knights of the Round table Ready willing able " :lol:

chained man in the dungeon clapping a very slow applause .:D
There's a Lego version of this in the DVD extras and it's just as funny as the original:)

I think the Holy Grail is a funnier film, and in some ways a more learned one, given the things it parodies. However it feels more of a mess to me than Brian, and less coherent. I prefer it to Brian, overall, but I'm not sure that it's necessarily better.

That's about how I see it. Holy Grail will make you laugh out loud more but Brian is a better put together film.

Love both but prefer the Life of Brian. It comes down to the endings. Holy Grail seems to be a bit of a let down (almost like they ran out of ideas) but Brian is perfect black comedy.

Love both but prefer the Life of Brian. It comes down to the endings. Holy Grail seems to be a bit of a let down (almost like they ran out of ideas) but Brian is perfect black comedy.
Yes. I think I'd agree with you. I loved Grail but it felt like an elongated sketch whereas Brian felt like a properly structured film. Still, the world is a funnier place for having them both:)