Gargoyles

tokyogirl

krycek's love slave
Did anyone else used to watch this show? Becuase I did, everyday after school. I would come home and watch Gargoyles because it came on just before saved by the bell. but then i got really hooked. for those of you who don't know, it was a disney cartoon show about a buch of gargoyles who lived in a castle. in the old days gargoyles were being hunted down so a spell was placed on them that they wouldn't reawaken until the castle was in the clouds. Then skip to the 20th century where billionaire David Zanatos bought the castle and had it moved to the top of one his towers. so of course the gargoyles, now in the clouds, awaken. they make friends with a NYC police officer named Elisa. she and Goliath, the leader of the group, fall in love but of course there's that whole interspecies dating thing that they couldn't address very well because afterall, this is a disney cartoon. those of you who really loved the whole angel/buffy thing would have liked this. though it only shows on weekends now @ like 4 in the morning, you can download the eps if you want. i was just kind of wondering if anyone else watched this show?

Yeah, I used to watch it, seems like a long time ago though. It was a pretty good show.

I used to watch it too, it was a pretty good show.
:blpaw:

i miss it! i was really starting to get into it for a while! i mean, they ended the show without goliath and elisa ever really getting together! i hate that!

i remember my cat used to like it to. he would put his paws up on the tv screen and follow them around as they would fly around

Hot damn...the last post in this Thread is in 2002. I never imagined this place was this old.

Ok ok, let's bring up this topic from the abyss, it's a shame for it to be rotting here.

gargoylestshirt.jpg

'Gargoyles' was the first drama series (and last unfortunately), produced by Disney in the '90s. As the first poster said, it followed the adventures of a group of creatures that were cursed to sleep until their castle was raised above the clouds, and even then, they would be stone at day, living at night.

What was entirely interesting about this show was the way it progressed. While you still knew it was aimed a younger audience, as an adult you could get a lot from it by following the story that inter-whined (to quite some success) many mythologies. The main difference between this and a lot of other shows was the way in which it progressed, via arcs that started one episode and would continue in others, at different times. It gave it a more organic feel, made it more believable for the villains to come back when it truly was their time.

Even though the last season is a bit off...and weird at that...the show is still one of the best animations of all time. It had a good story, good character progression for it (believable characters help to that), great visuals and an uncanny charm to it.
When someone comes up to me and asks me why I watch cartoons...I answer that I do so in hope of finding the next 'Gargoyles'.

My kids love it.
I'm pretty sure one of the voice actors also voiced Kyle Katarn.

Katarn was the protagonist in Jedi Knight and an NPC in Jedi Academy.
Frakes and Sirtis were indeed in Gargoyles.

I remember Gargoyles! My brother and I used to love that show. We used to play gargoyles by seeing who could sit still and silent for the longest all day.

We weren't the smartest of children, but we kept our parents happy.

Thanks, alternicity! That's what I thought. Yes ... Jonathan Frakes. where is my brain? Considering as much as he's done, shouldn't be forgetting his name. Sirtis, on the other hand, I haven't seen as much.

I remember Gargoyles! My brother and I used to love that show. We used to play gargoyles by seeing who could sit still and silent for the longest all day.

We weren't the smartest of children, but we kept our parents happy.

:D Had me rolling.

I found some episodes of Gargoyles on Youtube, (other video clip sites are available blah blah blah), and watching them again was just brilliant, forgot how much I loved it. I just can't find it on DVD anywhere in the UK though. *sniff*

I downloaded the entire first season and started watching it last night. Great times.

Keith David did the voice for Goliath.

I've always wished he would voice an antagonist opposite Peter Cullen, who always voices Optimus Prime. That might be interesting, I think.

OMG I loved this show SOOOOO flippin much. As a child when I used to watch it, the storylines used to genuinley affect my emotions haha
when I was in first year of art school, my painting teacher had actually worked on the show for disney. she had painted some of the backgrounds!!! good call tokyogirl, amazing amazing show!!!!

Time to resurrect this thread...Just got myself season one on DVD. Haven't seen this since it first aired and I'd forgotten how good it was. Will definitely be getting season two soon.

One to look out for if you haven't seen it before.:)

This show had excellent writing and animation. (y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M History 7
A Book Search 9
D Anime and Animation 5