Favourite Anime

My fav anime show is a show with a dirty name but is just giggles galore...... Dirty Pair Flash

Oh, I really enjoyed Dirty Pair Flash, at that time, there were two OAVs. Right now, I am giving Fairy Tail a 2nd viewing. I had binge watched One Piece until all that remained were the new episodes to be released in following weeks. My favorites are exemplified by titles such as these. Sometimes serious, but usually somewhat silly.

In American animation, Brickleberry & the newly released Paradise P.D. are hilarious. Made by the same guys, and using at least one common voice actor, these are silly, but also naughty. They seem to use a similar set-up. Is chemistry the word for it? both have inept leaders, talking critters (1, each) & subordinates who are for the most part, also inept. :ROFLMAO:

It's impossible to pick out any one singular favourite anime; there are so many of them!

One Piece is the most successful anime of all time. Fact. But it is not my favourite. I'd rather watch Fairy Tail and Black Clover over it.

If I had to limit it to just a few anime. I'd go more with older anime, they tended to be better quality. Ecchi has hurt modern anime a bit too much.

Last Exile.
Vision of Escaflowne
Clannad
Madoka Magicka
Full Metal Panic
Angel Beats

A bit more modern:

Aldnoah.Zero
Guilty Crown

Steins;Gate
Made in Abyss

Top-5 favorites:

• Armitage III (Dual Matrix & Poly Matrix)
  • Blue Gender
  • Elfen Lied
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Log Horizon
The numerous honorable mentions I've enjoyed:
  • 5 Centimeters per Second
  • Ah! My Goddess
  • Appleseed
  • A Wind Named Amnesia
  • Basilisk
  • Battle Girls - Time Paradox
  • Bikini Warriors
  • Black Lagoon
  • Blue Gender
  • Clannad
  • Claymore
  • Code Geass
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Darker than Black
  • Death Parade
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Goblin Slayer
  • Guilty Crown
  • Gungrave
  • Gurren Lagann
  • Hanasaku Iroha
  • Heaven's Lost Property
  • Highschool of the Dead
  • Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls
  • InuYasha
  • Kill la Kill
  • Noein
  • Outlaw Star
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Outlaw Star
  • Princess Mononoke
  • Queen's Blade
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Sakura Wars
  • So I Can't Play H
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Tenchi Muyo!
  • Terra Formars
  • The Devil Lady
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • The Vision of Escaflowne
  • Tokyo Requiem
  • Trinity Blood
  • Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
  • Yu Yu Hakusho
  • Witchblade
  • Wolf's Rain
  • X/1999

Last edited:
I have seen many on that list, But Elfen Lied is just horror on top of more horror. I do not see how anyone can call it a favorite.

What of the all new Altered Carbon: Resleeved? I just watched that, not even knowing before that it was anime. Action & a bit of gore; good plot.

Still, lighthearted with comedy is what I most enjoy.

I have seen many on that list, But Elfen Lied is just horror on top of more horror. I do not see how anyone can call it a favorite.

Don't ever watch Umineko then. Everything you don't like, dialed up to an 11 on a scale where Elfen Lied is a 1. ;)

:eek: Now my curiosity is piqued!

Here's some more stuff about it:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place primarily from October 4 to 5, 1986 on Rokkenjima, a small island privately owned by the wealthy Ushiromiya family. The Ushiromiya family gathers for the annual family conference, which concerns the division of assets belonging to Kinzo, the ailing family head. In addition to the twelve family members are five of their servants and Kinzo's physician, comprising a total of eighteen people.

The protagonist Battler Ushiromiya, one of Kinzo's grandchildren, has been absent from the family conference for the past six years due to personal family circumstances. Upon his return, Battler becomes reacquainted with the legend of the "Golden Witch" Beatrice, who is rumored to have given Kinzo ten tons of gold in the past to revive the Ushiromiya family, which had been crippled in the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake. A portrait of her lies in the entrance hall of the Ushiromiya family mansion, and a puzzling epitaph is written below it. It is rumored that whoever solves the epitaph's riddle will receive the gold and become the successor to the Ushiromiya family. After a typhoon traps the family on the island, mysterious murders begin to occur, often in ways that seem impossible for a human to have committed.

An example is that one episode features:

A daughter that confronts then (repeatedly) murders her mother for mistreating and abusing her.

My favorite anime is Hellsing: Ultimate. It's an OVA that covers every volume of the manga, each volume is one episode. The classic anime is pretty much just filler arc (and very bad).
Hunter x Hunter is not entirely good--some of the seasons are obnoxious and, therefore, difficult to watch--, but it has the best arc of all time: the chimera ant arc.
Shingeki no Kyojin, AKA Attack on Titan, is a modern classic and a must-watch. Twenty years from now, we will remember SnK as we remember Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion today. The new season has 3D Titans though. It's a little ugly, but still worth the watch.
FMA: Brotherhood, Parasite, Devilman Crybaby, Interspecies Reviewers, Gantz... They are also some of my favorites--the ones that I remember off the top of my head right know. Asked yesterday, I may would have come up with a different list...
One Piece is my second favorite manga (behind Berserk), but the anime has a lot of filler arcs and the sound design is hideous, so I prefer the manga.
For the ones that did not get anime adaptations yet, I have a lot of hope for Chainsaw Man and Spy x Family.

I bought the 1st 9 volumes of HELLSING MANGA, but just became too tired of waiting for the tenth one.

Astroboy was anime before anime. That is my favorite. Next Inuyasha. Also Starblazers.

Last edited:
I watched Outlaw Star at a young age, it impacted my life in ways that I'm still discovering upon reflection and rewatching the series.

Akira was the original anime that had a huge impact on my love for the genre. It still stands up today and is a must watch for anyone wanting to explore Japanese animated films.

Studio Ghibli is also a favorite, Spirited Away in particular.

Cowboy Bebop has been mentioned a few times here and I'm a huge fan, but also by the same director Shinichirō Watanabe is another brilliant anime called Samurai Champloo. It's set in the Edo period and features breakdancing hip-hop samurai tearaway Mugen, stoic traditionalist Jin and the young waitress Fuu who 'leads' them on their quest to find her father. It has a dope sound track too by Hip Hop beat maker Nujabes.

Another favorite of mine is Trigun, futuristic western style science fiction themes and wild over the top action. Peace and love!

Steins Gate is well worth a watch if only for its odd emotional and melancholic vibe, its both confusing and intriguing with its time travel and alternate reality plot-lines.

I enjoyed the recent netflix series adapted from the Grappler Baki manga, Baki, its an ultra violent boxing and martial arts testosterone fest as only anime can do. A wild ride.

Your Name was mentioned recently in another thread here, it's a love story essentially but so much more and one of the most popular Japanese films of all time coming in fifth after anime's Demon Slayer: Mugen Train, Sprited Away and US films Titanic and Frozen. Showing once again the incredible popularity of the genre in Japan.

Cowboy Bebop has been mentioned a few times here and I'm a huge fan, but also by the same director Shinichirō Watanabe is another brilliant anime called Samurai Champloo.
I recall both fondly from renting DVDs of them many years ago from a by-post subscription service (a sort of non-streaming version of Netflix). I've just found out that SC is on Netflix now, so I think I'll give it a rewatch (I can't recall if I made it to the end before). Looks like CB was on there too, but isn't at the moment.

I recall both fondly from renting DVDs of them many years ago from a by-post subscription service (a sort of non-streaming version of Netflix).

That's how I watched Samurai Champloo, too!