Fave Daniel Episode?

pamie

Space Monkey!
So come on let us all know what your fave Danny episode is??

Do you just have the one or a list??

Either or let me know....;) :D

My favorite Daniel episode was the one where he was captured by that cave dwelling alien who was gonna sacrifice him to the leader of his tribe to gain status. I thought that show typified the Daniel character.

Yeah one of my faves too..that was called The First Ones..others of mine are Crystal Skull, Need and The Curse!!

:D

hey

m,ine was the last one of season 3
its coz he was so helpless when he REALLY wanted to go help! awwww

Spoiler: Legacy

I saw 'Legacy' for the first time last night, having already read a transcript.

There wasn't that much to go at in the script, but the feeling and realism MS put into it had me absolutely transfixed as he slowly slid into paranoia and madness, especially the bit in the padded cell. Just breath-taking. Brilliant!

I also love 'Need' and 'One False Step' and 'Crystal Skull' and 'The First Ones' and 'Absolute Power' and... well, you get my drift ;) :D :D :D :cool:

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Legacy is a real good one.
I think he does it sooo well...some great acting.

I love the parts when he is in the padded cell...very good!

:rolly2:

I like the one where the Harcesis child puts the images in his head of what would happen if earth got a hold of all of his knowledge. I forget what it was called.

Absolute Power was the name of that episode...and it was a great one! ;)

Thanks! I sometimes forget the names of the eps. But that doesn't change that it's a great one!

Yeah it is a good one..I have often wondered if that would really happen to Daniel if he got all that information..ah well I surpose we will never know now...LOL

Yeah its a harsh world..LOL

Maybe I should just write a fic about it instead!! ;)

I think Holiday is my favorite Daniel character episode.

And I think it gives Michael Shanks a real chance to shine. I thought he did a great Jack impression. :)

There's great acting from M.S. in 'The Gamekeeper' episode too.

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut - who thinks a 'hunk' who looks 'cute' and Smiles A Lot is a pretty poor substitute for a good actor playing an essential character. In denial? Nope. Absolute refusal. :D

Back to Ficland :wave:
--

Yeah they are also two good episodes..I love Holiday..a great one!

All the ones that have been already mentioned........ Holiday...... Absolute Power....... Need........ The First Ones..... Legacy ......Crystal Skull (REALLY like this one :D)

Also really like TOT and all Sh'are eps Secrets and FIAD.

And what may poossibly be my faourite (although this shifts with time) is TBFTGOG.

There are so many fine episodes, but I think my favorites -- the ones that come to mind immediately are "New Ground," "The First Ones," and "Fire and Water."

I also really appreciated MS's range of acting in "Need," "Legacy," "The Light," and "Absolute Power" --- not exactly his old Daniel self in those.

I can't think of any episodes of his that I didn't like, and I enjoy watching him in other programs such as Outer Limits and some of the films he's done. The man has a lot of talent and I hope he gets all the opportunites he seeks.

Originally posted by webmouse

I can't think of any episodes of his that I didn't like, and I enjoy watching him in other programs such as Outer Limits and some of the films he's done. The man has a lot of talent and I hope he gets all the opportunites he seeks.

Hear hear....Im with you on this one.

I would also like to see him in some sitcoms that would be fun :cool:

Well, 'Fearless Mouse' that I am, I watched "Suspicious River" in which MS has a small, but pivotal role. Not an easy film to watch and a very different character for Shanks, but well-acted and thought provoking.

I'd be happy to correspond with anyone else who has seen the film. It left me with a number of questions as to what the film-maker was trying to say.

As for Shanks' character, though his actual screen time is small, one can see a subtext wherein his character is more important to the story than is shown. I suppose there is probably more in the book, but the film was sufficient for me.