Who would love an Orc?

Lovable Orcs

Personally, their cultural upbringing is unattractive to me. They have terrible tempers; they don't bath most likely, and their alignment would be considered "evil" I played a game called Paladium which included orcs. I've gotten to know them quite well, and you could never reform one.
so....I wouldn't find myself loving an orc. Trolls are interesting...but only from the Paladium perspective. I couldn't love a troll that belongs to Tolkien's world of imagination.
but of course we're not discussing trolls...
I'm a tangent queen..scuse`

In 'Advanced Dungeons and Dragons' (which I assume Palladin must be similar to) you cannot have a player character Orc. You can be a Half-Orc. The DM Guide says this:

Half-Orcs are boors. They are rude, crude, crass, and generally obnoxious. because most are cowardly they tend to be bullies and cruel to the weak, but they will quickly knuckle under to the stronger. This does not mean that all Half-Orcs are horrid, only most of them. It neither means that they are necessarily stupid nor incapable. They will always seek to gain the upper hand and dominate those around them so as to be able to exercise their natural tendancies; half-orcs are greedy too. They can, of course, favour their human parent more than their orcish one.

Not many redeeming features then!

That little orc that says to Saruman 'what orders from Mordor my lord?' is about as cute as Orcs get for me. I thought he was cute! eeeeew what am I on! but he did remind me a lot of Baldric from Blackadder when he said 'My Lord' - did anyone else get that?
:flash:

Originally posted by Legolas
That little orc that says to Saruman 'what orders from Mordor my lord?' is about as cute as Orcs get for me. I thought he was cute! eeeeew what am I on! but he did remind me a lot of Baldric from Blackadder when he said 'My Lord' - did anyone else get that?
I loved Black Adder.

So did you think the little goblin was like Baldric?

"Well Master. I've got this cunning plan! We seize all the Hobbits and tell old Sauron that we have the ring. But don't tell him where."

Don't you mean mushroom? :lol:

And I thought it was cute when it said "The trees are strong my Lord, their roots go deep..."

My I'm odd.

You use the bait according to what Hobbit you want to catch ;)

Er, I didn't think it was cute, per se.

Back