1.14 : The Galileo Seven.

I really struggled with this episode and it too me three attempts to watch it. It was actually quite boring in my opinion.

I really struggled with this episode and it too me three attempts to watch it. It was actually quite boring in my opinion.

Spock should have taken a much harder line with those apelike creatures. His decision making got several people killed.

The trouble is, in ST-TOS, Warp Factor 1 is** the speed of light, so given that the destination would be in a different star system, it wouldn't have to be that far away to take months to get there.

** - I seem to recall that, in ST-TOS, Warp Factor X gives a speed of X cubed times the speed of light (So Warp Factor 2 would be 8c and Warp Factor 3 would be 27c). ST-TOS was the show where Warp Factors over 10 or over were bandied about.

A different scheme was used for ST-TNG, one where Warp Factor 10, if ever achieved, would mean instantaneous travel to anywhere in the universe, hence all the fractional warp speeds above 9, with the integer warp speeds representing optimum power to speed combinations (so that travelling at Warp 8.5 might -- I haven't got the graph showing this to hand -- use more power than travelling at Warp 9).