Alien vs Predator?

There is a 'A v P' website with trailer, competitions and assorted other things:
http://www.avp-movie.com/us/html/aboutfilm.html

I think they are going to explain the timeline inconsistency by having them visit an ancient tomb buried under the Antarctic ice. I'm guessing that these Aliens visited Earth a few million years ago, had a run in with Tyrannosaurus Rex and never came back again.

What I liked about this film is the idea similar to Graham Hancock & Robert Bauval authors and researchers of ancient history: the idea of a pyramid-machine which is like Angkor-Egypt-Mayan combo changing position like a magic cube (or hypercube) after 10 minutes. I don't consider this film into the genre of terror but merely science fiction. As in John Carpenter's The Thing and X Files it seems for good reasons -ignored by the public- the plot will always have to get back to Antartic area...where Martian meteorites can be found.....:alienooh:
The special effects were great but the woman's acting sucked!:mad:

Interesting to find this old thread here before Prometheus came out and messed up the Alien timeline concerning the AvP events. I think they should perhaps reboot the whole franchise as it has been a string of disappointing movies for several decades.

Interesting to find this old thread here before Prometheus came out and messed up the Alien timeline concerning the AvP events. I think they should perhaps reboot the whole franchise as it has been a string of disappointing movies for several decades.
The state of play as I see it: The AvP movies are not considered cannon in the Ridley Scott universe, I think they gave up after AVP requiem bombed in every way possible.
I think Covenant performed badly enough that they won't continue with that convulsed storyline either.
Same with The Predator. The critical and audience reception was pretty bad considering the legacy of the property.
I doubt we'll see anything on the big screen with a predator or xenomorph for a few years, while Hollywood figure out how to write coherent three act scripts