Alien vs Predator?

Phlub

King of Bling Bling
AvP?

Now as everyone I am sure knows by now there are rumors about an Alien 5 and Predator 3. Well sources say that they could just be made into an AvP movie. So what do you all think of that? Oh and go to the Predator forum and we can talk about another sci fi classic!

had to vote for Alien 5, although AvP comes a close second. Predator really needs the Arnie factor id you ask me...

Arnie vs Ripley...now theres a film ;)

Sorry Plub, I had to go for Alien 5 too, though I've only seen the first Predator film.

Originally posted by markpud
Predator really needs the Arnie factor id you ask me...

Arnie vs Ripley...now theres a film ;)

I'd agree with that thought!

But since I heard that Arnie is retiring, and Arnie and Weaver are both too expensive (even on there own) it'll never happen!

Arnold retiring? Please. He is on the verge of signing on for Predator 3. He is already on board for Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines, True Lies 2 and King Conan. He is far from retiring!

Well, I don't put much store in these rumours either, but that's what I heard. He is also rumoured to be doing a remake of Westworld too, so he appears to be very busy then!

I'm sure Arnie has a few more films left in him yet... but surely theres a bit of a prob if the Terminator is looking older in the face, unless they write that into the plot ;)

The Alien / Predator crossover idea is an old one, in discussion at Fox before Alien Resurrection was made. Weaver is quoted as saying "They're crazy to develop this great thing over the years and now they're just going to **** all over it."

Alien vs Predator ready to go.

Scifiwire has just reported:

The long-rumored Alien vs. Predator film has gained momentum with the hiring of Resident Evil director Paul Anderson to write and helm the proposed spinoff movie for Fox, Variety reported. Alien producers David Giler and Walter Hill and Predator producers John Davis, Lawrence Gordon and Joel Silver will produce the spinoff, which brings together characters from the two franchises, the trade paper reported.

Alien vs. Predator will take its cue from the popular video game titles published by Fox Interactive, the trade paper reported.

I voted for Alien 5 - but am I right in thinking that there is an Alien vs Predator movie actually in pre-production? I have only ever seen Predator 2, and I wasn't particularly impressed, I guess I should see the first movie before really getting disappointed that AvP will be happening instead of Alien 5.

For a decent idea what Alien V predator could be like you should try to get a hold of the darkhorse graphic novel of the same name. The whole premise is that the predators have a caged secured queen that churns out the eggs. Worlds are then seeded with these and the young predators hunt them as a right of passage.

That would be good, but I feel they need to have a human lead in the film, so it won't go that way..

The film is in pre-production now, scheduled for completion next year, see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

"Hoping to lure a Predator clan to Antarctica using Alien eggs, a rogue team of scientists are caught in an intergalactic war between the two extremely violent species."

:rolleyes:

According to Variety via SciFi Wire, Lance Henriksen, who played the android in Aliens, has become the first actor to sign up for Fox's upcoming Alien vs. Predator. Henriksen will portray a billionaire industrialist who finances an expedition to the Antarctic that discovers two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle. It doesn't say why an android was built in his likeness. ;)

Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil) is directing Alien vs. Predator; Anderson and Shane Salerno wrote the script. John Davis, Lawrence Gordon, Joel Silver and Walter Hill will produce reported Variety. The movie begins shooting in late October 2003 in Prague, with an eye to a summer 2004 release.

Henriksen also starred in TV's Millennium and has appeared in countless movies.

As for Arnie, it seems like the rumours of him retiring were true, if he becomes Governor of California.

Without Weaver and Schwarzenegger this will be a cheaper movie to make, but do you think that combining the creatures from the two popular SF franchises will be enough to make it a success?

I think that all depends on the storyline of the film, that and a good fx team. Initially people will go to see it because of the title not so much because arnie of sigourny are in it and if it manages to puff along at full steam with good cgi I reckon itll be a money maker

Arnie wasn't in Predator 2 anyway, so there's no huge need to have him in this. Ripley clones are always going to be possible I assume, so it depends if they can interest Sigourney Weaver..

Having Lance Henriksen is a good start anyway, but is this going to be set far in the future like the Alien saga or in the "present" like the Predator movies were?? If it's the future then having Lance playing a human will be odd, presumably he'll be a clone of the original person who designed the androids after himself (or they were designed after him, whatever).

The FX will no doubt be excellent, but they are no subsitiute for a good plot, and if this plot is little more than "humans trying to harness the power of two alien races and ending up as the literal meat in the alien - predator sandwich", then this could be dissapointing.

Plus I'm miffed cos I have the DVD box set which will now be incomplete ;)

I guess you can tell that I'm not a huge fan of this idea, but I'll probably still see it anyway. I've just found this:
from SCIFI WIRE
AvP's Lathan Is No Ripley

Sanna Lathan, who co-stars in the upcoming franchise hybrid film Alien vs. Predator, told SCI FI Wire that she plays a strong female action hero, but that her character has little else in common with Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley. "She's the same as Sigourney's Ripley character in that she's very strong and independent, but I think that's probably about it," Lathan said during an interview on the set in Prague. "For one [thing], it's actually not in the future. This movie happens before all of the Alien movies."

In Alien vs. Predator, Latham's character leads a team of explorers to an archaeological dig in Antarctica, where they find themselves caught in the crossfire between two deadly alien races. "She is kind of unique in that she is somebody who loves Antarctica and is very familiar with that territory," Lathan said. "And that's how she makes her living, by being a guide."

Lathan, who was cast a week before the start of principal photography, hadn't previously seen any of the Alien or Predator films. But director Paul Anderson supplied her with the DVDs to watch during her breaks from filming, she said. Lathan added that she was particularly impressed with Weaver's work in the series. "As far as Sigourney goes, it's just an honor to be able to even be talked about in the same sentence," Lathan said. "I've been watching the Aliens since I started shooting, just to kind of like get a background, because I wasn't really prepared. Everything happened so quickly. But it's a completely, completely different character. And so I'm approaching this as completely new and trying to go off the script." Aliens vs. Predator is scheduled to open Aug. 6, 2004.

I'm not against Predator (though I've still only seen Predator I) but I think it's disadvantageous to both series to mix them now. I still don't even see them set within the same timeframe, never mind universe. And setting this in the Antarctic is SO clichéd. Right from 'The Thing' to the 'X-Files' to 'Star Trek: Enterprise' this has been SO overdone already.

Lathan, who was cast a week before the start of principal photography, hadn't previously seen any of the Alien or Predator films.

I've no idea who this actress is, and forgive me if she is only 10, but otherwise, has she watched any cinema in the last 20 years?

That is frightening!

But then, its like those Lord of the Rings actors who had never read the books, or Star Trek guest stars who had never watched an episode. You wonder how people manage to avoid such ubiquitous things as these.

I think (and I hope I am not offending anyone here) that this movie is going to be a big steaming pile of poo. I can't believe Henriksen has attached himself to it at all. Apparently, from a script review I read recently at Ain't it Cool
A part of the movie involves open warfare between the two alien species, on present day Earth (possible as a horror-laden ending) - surely this will fly in the face of the Alien continuity?

Well, while I'd love to see an Alien 5 (if for no other reason than I love Ron Perlman) I think the upcoming Aliens vs Predator movie is going to be pretty good. In addition to Lance Henrikson and that unknown actress, Peter Weller (Robocop anyone?) is playing opposite Lance as the business partner of Lance's Weiland. And the fact that it's a prequel to the Alien series is a really interesting concept. It'll be cool to see how this world we all know became the way it is.

Originally posted by Mysterious Stranger
It'll be cool to see how this world we all know became the way it is.

But will it? That is the question!

If you read the spoiler in my last post, it is inconsistant with the Nostromo being pulled off course to investigate the derelict and thereby discovering a new species never heard of before.