The Six Million Dollar Man.

It's a pity that film in the OP wasn't made with Hugh Jackman but I think the time has past now. Also, I think the RoboCop films were much more gritty and tackled better the problems of being a cyborg. Six Million Dollar Man tended to gloss over the difficulties of having mechanical implants.
I used to avidly watch the Six Million Dollar Man TV series. The Bionic Woman wasn't as good. There was too much "bionic" TV at the same time and also Lindsey Wagner wasn't too great an actor. I'm never seen those later TV movies that you mention. Maybe I was also playing outside too, or maybe they didn't get shown in the UK.

I did like the Gemini Man though and I remember that.

Steven Austins Bionic arm can lift a vehicle , the problem, how is it his S=skeleton doesn't crumble in the process?:unsure:

There's a great gag in the first Killer Tomatoes movie about the Bionic Man. They built one, but because of budget cuts could only make one side of him bionic - so he could run really fast but only round in a very small circle - and only leap sideways.

There's a great gag in the first Killer Tomatoes movie about the Bionic Man. They built one, but because of budget cuts could only make one side of him bionic - so he could run really fast but only round in a very small circle - and only leap sideways.

The Three Millions Dollar Man a k a The Economic Bionic Man .:D

Interestedly, G I Joeaction figures at one point had a an action figure called Atomic Man , he had one super strong artificial arm, Leg and an artificial eye.:)

Remember the toys, they were great. My neighbour had a Steve Austin action fixture that I loved to play with at the time.

Steven Austin a man barely alive . We can reboot him, make him stronger , faster and , adjusting for inflation, more expensive. :D

Mark Wahlberg is working on a reboot The 6 Billion Dollar Man . :cool:

He'd need to be a full cyborg, with two cyborg arms, two cyborg legs, and an exoskeleton, for it to be believable. Otherwise -
Steven Austins Bionic arm can lift a vehicle , the problem, how is it his S=skeleton doesn't crumble in the process?
he could run really fast but only round in a very small circle

Also, we've got prosthetic running blades now, and we've had the Terminator and Robocop franchises since then. Steve Austin should be fondly remembered, and that's all!

He'd need to be a full cyborg, with two cyborg arms, two cyborg legs, and an exoskeleton, for it to be believable. Otherwise -

Also, we've got prosthetic running blades now, and we've had the Terminator and Robocop franchises since then. Steve Austin should be fondly remembered, and that's all!

No , they shouldn't turn him into a transformer , that I agree with. But. I can see this being a sort of James Bond type franchise. That could be fun. :)

6 Million Dollar Man Film.

Richard Anderson, who played Oscar Goldman on the 1970s TV series The Six Million Dollar Man, has said that preproduction of Miramax/Universal's movie version of the series is on a fast track. Anderson added that he is under contract to appear as Oscar, and that Lee Majors may reprise his role as Steve Austin. But Anderson said filmmakers are looking for a new star--along the lines of Brad Pitt and Hugh Jackman--to play the lead, adding that it is not yet time to approach actors. "We've got to get the story straight," he said. "Story first, and then we'll go after the director."

Whatever direction the story takes, Anderson said it is important to keep some of the original actors, as did the James Bond series. "In James Bond, they always brought [Q], the fellow with the inventions, back, and he played the part until he died. So I think the studio felt there was something about bringing in some of the people from the original series."

Anderson became a producer with some of the Six Million Dollar Man TV movies and was the one to interest Universal in backing a theatrical production.
Richard Anderson played Oscar in both $6 million man and Bionic Woman. Bionic Woman was canceled at NBC (I think) and brought back on ABC. This made Richard Anderson the only actor to ever star as the same character on two different TV shows on different networks.

Really ? I didn't know that .

I do remember that show . It stared Ben Murphy , I think . It wasn't very dog lasted not even a season.
At the same time David McCallum (Kuryakin from man from UNCLE) was in a very similar show called The Invisible Man

At the same time David McCallum (Kuryakin from man from UNCLE) was in a very similar show called The Invisible Man

I remember it , ran for 13 episodes , wasn't a bad show . It did find an audiences

Here one you find of interest

1972 TV movie Probe staring Gerry Lockwood and Burgess Meredith .it was pilot for never made science fiction spy investigation series series. In some ways it was ahead of its time .

We can reboot him. make him faster , stronger and far more expensive ! :D

The two most memorable things about the Six Million Dollar Man was (1) it was poorly thought out tv sci-fi, as of Hollywood’s stuff is.

And (2) my next door neighbor’s six year old showing up one day with bruises all over because he tried to jump off the kitchen cabinets in slow motion.