1.06 : The Man Trap.

Jeffrey Hunter's wife didn't think science fiction was good for his career.

He should have told his wife to mind her own business and let him make his own career decisions. Jeffrey Hunter was a decent actor who acted along side stars like John Wayne and Spencer Tracy , but he was never going to be movie star. Doing television and taking the role on Trek would have revived his career.

Last edited:
This is one of the episodes that I'd seen before, but it is a very good one. I think this is one of those stories that will remain great regardless of how the series ages. There are elements that make it similar to Campbell's "Who Goes There", I thought.

The remaster looks superb and the Enterprise orbiting the planet looking especially good.

Not to sure about the order that these are being shown in as this is the second episode on Netflix.

1.6 : The Man Trap.

The 6th episode made, but usually the first shown, because of it's more typical Sci-Fi 'Monster of the Week' storyline satisfied the TV executives who didn't understand Star Trek.
I watched the entire first season of Stargate SG-1 and it seemed to be nothing but "monster of the week" so I completely quit. I didn't watch it again until episodes started appearing on YouTube.

I was really disappointed with that first episode of Trek.

Luckily for me, the first episode aired in my country was The Corbomite Maneuver. It was set up by the makers of the show be the first aired, but the US studios changed the running order. Twits.