Cleo EP. Run cleo Run

ZachWZ

Pre 1986 Comics Fan
I have to say this ep. was fast and fun. I heard on severial boards that this ep. was based on a movie called Run, Lola, Run I haven't seen it so I don't know for sure.

My favorite part are when she keeps entering the mutant bar. I reconized the scene that inspired this. It comes from a little known 80's flick "Adventures in Babysitting."

It was unexected for Hel to show up and save the day. Usually in these types of adventures the hero sees a small detail that saves the day. So Hel rushing to the resque was unexpected.

ZachWZ

Yep, check out http://www.ascifi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6157 for details on "Run Lola Run," aka "Lola rennt" in German. (As well as the "Adventures in Babysitting" reference.) Definitely one of the best eps!

And "Lola" is already a modern classic - it's only a couple of years old, and already I know students writing about it in German class. Plus the techno soundtrack (and Lola's bright red hair) were the inspiration for much of the new show "Alias."

Hey where are you watching Cleo? (Or do you just have it on tape?)

I've seen part of Run, Lola, Run on an independent films channel and I didn't pick up the connection until you said it with that movie and Cleopatra. Of course, I didn't see the movie until well after the show was cancelled.

Is "Adventures in Babysitting" that movie starring Elizabeth Shue? If that's what you're referring to then I must have missed that bar scene. I've never sat down and watched that movie from beginning to end. I've only seen pieces of it.

And I thought that Alias girl had a look that resembled Run, Lola, Run in one of the episodes where she wore a disguise with a red wig. But I didn't realize that was where the idea for some of the show's techno and dress ideas came from.

Yep, "Adventures" stars a young Eliz. Shue. That bar scene is about halfway through the film, where she and the kids are fleeing the bad guys, and duck into an all-black blues club, where an old musician bars their path, saying "Nobody gets outta here without singin' the blues." So she and the kids break into "The BabySitting Blues," much as Cleo does the "Mutant Bar Blues."

And I read somewhere that when the producer of "Alias" was developing the show, he constantly played the soundtrack to "Lola," wanting to get that same "feel."