Teal'c, Hathor. Davis - Bobw 14 !!!

gateking2000

Hi,

This weekend was very memorable as BOBW 14 had the pleasure of Christopher Judge, Suanne Braun & Colin Cunningham as convention guests. Not only were they great on stage in their individual talks but they also proved to be a great combination who really cliked together in their group talk on stage.

We all laughed, and cried, and were carried away with the goings-on of the weekend. Suanne showed what a total performer she is- both in the many accents she successfully handles, the many theatre plays she has done and also the MC work she she carries out all over the world. Chris took his t-shirt off to drive up the bidding on an auction item, and Colin, who has the second highest number of STARGATE SG1 guest-star episodes (Carmen A. is first), was funny, friendly and always had time for any & every fan in attendance.

I'm sure alot of other BOBW 14 comments will fly around the boards. It's just a shame that more poeple didn't get to experience the same memorable experience.......

Regards,

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

Thanks so much for you post. I'm glad that the convention went well and I hope to be there for the next one.

hya:D

It was a great con I must say ...the guests were terrific

I cant wait for the next one.

Attachments

• sg2.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 296
Thanks for your interesting report, Arthur. :)

More Details !

Hi,

Just to give some more details from BOBW 14, now that I have some more free time....

Not only were the guests great on stage but they were great people who generously gave of their time. On Sunday night, we had the Wrap Party, that started at around 7pm and went onto to practically midnight and ended up finishing in the hotel's bar. The Wrap Party is supposed to be just for two hours. Colin brought his guitar down and played/sang some tunes, which I assume were his own original works. Then Suanne joined in on the singing. Then Colin, Chris & Suanne all went through a round of jokes and it was so funny to see Chris trying to tell a dirty joke, but he had to change the words because of the two kids in the middle of the room (at this point some people sat on the floor and others in chairs around the outside). Everytime he looked at the kids he just became so embarressed.

Attendees were also very surprised by the friendliness & entertaining value of Suanne Braun & Colin Cunningham. Having more than one guest makes for a more rounded & entertaining convention day. Althought Suanne & Colin are not regulars of the show, attendees got to find out about the multitude of things they have been involved with, as well as working on STARGATE SG-1. Suanne mentioned how funny it was that she flew in from South Africa, to attend a convention in Australia for a part she filmed in Canada !

This time I would have to say that the convention had one of the best lineups ever....

For the last two conventions there has been a professional photographer on hand to take photos with attendees & actors in the morning. With the final 6X8 inch photo (and accompanying presentation folder) being of a very high standard, alot of people took advantage of the deal. All three guests were very photogenic, however next time when I get a group shot with all the guests, I am going to stand on a chair or something because I looked so short next to them.

Attendees got to see a couple of new episodes including '48 Hours', 'The Warrior' & 'Menace', as well as 'Hathor' from 1st season, just to get people re-familarised with Suanne. The second-last episode of season five. 'Meridian', which is also Michael Shanks' last episode, was also available for screening but the audience voted it down since Chris had talked so emotionally about it. Obviously people were not ready to accept Michael's leaving from the show just yet.....

I took some photos at the weekend but I have seen various places on the net with photos. I'll try and scan them soon and put them here- then you see how tall they were and how short I looked....

Regards,

Arthur

BOBW-14

I second everything Arthur said. I have always dreamed of visiting Australia and this trip has been a fulfillment of that dream. But the convention was the most incredible bonus. It was wonderful to venture so far from home (New York City) and be made to feel so at home by Adele & Brian (the wonderful organizers of the con) and all my Australian friends, some of whom I'd met in Vancouver and some I'd known from the net and finally got to hang with in person.

The intimacy of BOBW is something you just don't find at other cons. It truly feels like a family gathering. I know that the guests were especially appreciative of this atmosphere, but for the fans it gave us a unique opportunity to spend time with the guests and enjoy eachother's company.

As co-founder & president of Colin's official fan-club, CC Fans, and co-founder & co-owner of his official website, it was a thrill for me to be able to attend his first "official" convention appearance. I am so glad that fans on this side of the world have gotten to know him and see first-hand what a warm, talented, down-to-earth person he is.

And Arthur, you are a sweetheart....and yes, the songs Colin sang are his own original compositions.

If anyone would like to see photos from the con, check out Colin's club: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/majordavisfanclub

and/or SG-1 Fans: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/sg1fans

You must be a member to view the photo sections.

:D

If anyone's interested, I've also got some pictures of Suanne Braun from the convention at my website. There are a couple, tiny reports from the event, but seeing as my friends who went to the con are all female, they spent all their time drooling over Colin Cunningham & Chris Judge, lol! But there are some lovely pics of Suanne if you want to see them:

http://www27.brinkster.com/satira/suanne/

Satirae

BOBW Pics

Peter, I just wanted to tell you that I think your pictures are absolutely amazing! I don't know if you remember me, I am co-founder and President of Colin's Official Fan Club and co-founder/co-owner of his Official Website. I'm also the one sitting at Chris Judge's feet playing Colin's guitar at the wrap party in some of your photos.

Can you please e-mail me at LGammaRay2@cs.com? Me and my site partner would like to talk to you about the possibility of using some of the photos of Colin on his official website.

Thank you and thanks for sharing the wonderful pics.

:rolly2: