1.25: Conspiracy.

Chilly

season 1 epi:conspiracy

hey i thought his epi was wicked
i noticed something r maybe im just ebing paranoid but the whol epi was based on the idea of a parasite inside the human body or any other body
well hasnt it occurred to anyon that maybe stargate writers stole this idea and based a whole series on it? lol
or like i said am i being paranid?

I don't think that Stargate stole the idea from Star Trek, it's a very old Sci-Fi theme, just think: "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

It's all a case of who can you trust. Star Trek revisited that with the Founders in DS9 in "Homefront".

But, you are right, it is a great episode, it's about the point in the series where I sat up and started to watch it avidly, until then it hadn't really grabbed me, though I'd watched Star Trek from the original series.

Did you know that the BBC censored the 'Head Exploding' bit? That was a bit adventurous for Star Trek, I guess. And for the BBC!

It's a strange episode, because the end leaves it open for them to return, but they never do. I read that they were going to have them return, but then they invented the Borg instead, so that's the reason, don't know if it's true or not!

lol

yeh i thought it left it too open,,,,,,,,,but i wasnt aware that they ddint come bak..........i guess i havent seen all the epis yet! lol

but nonetheless an exceelnt episode (wow long word.......im getting brainy!) lol

I've been reading about the episode's genesis. It came from an idea by Gene Roddenberry called "Assasins" which Robert Sabaroff fleshed out. The result was too long and expensive, so Tracey Torme did it again, this time it was said to be too dark and bizarre, and it was going to be done yet again, until GR read it and loved it.

Originally, the aliens were not aliens but members of a faction of Starfleet who rebel against the Prime Directive and Federation-wide complacency following a Klingon detente. GR ruled against this plot -- painting Starfleet in such a bad light -- but guess where they eventually reused that storyline? Sound a little like 'The Undiscovered Country'?

I've changed the thread title to the way it should be on ASciFi. This is no criticism, and I know people can get touchy about 'their' threads, but it is gets confusing if episodes are all referenced differently. Anyway, we have had instructions from the first Prime Mythinglink to do this.

Please start some more episode threads here, you have loads to choose from, but use the x.yy : title system where x is the season and yy is the episode number.

hey

i dont undertsnad that
but feelfree toi chnage any names that i may call threds! i dont mind!

Thanks, only I changed a thread title before, and someone got very upset.

So, would you like the 'lobsters' to come back? And how would you re-introduce them? Maybe in ST: XI?

lol

i remmerb when u changed the name of the thred. it was the character thred werent it?

id just bung them bak into an epi!
they couldnt really be in the next movie coz theyre not really that big a thing
i mean if they did bring em bak itd be pretty muhc the same story as the one in conspiracy right? and fans wud NOT like that
wat abiout u? how wud u do it? :)

I don't know, if I think about it too long I'll end up writing a story, and I haven't time to do that!!!

You would have to discover some new and interesting about them. Maybe the have an usual origin, not from a distant galaxy, but much nearer home. And why were they so interested in Earth, now we know that all four quadrants of our galaxy are populated with humanoids, with bigger or smaller foreheads!

lol

hehehehe
u SHUD write a script u know! :)
an excitin new story to bring bak these little minsters! lol