New Chat Transcript with Joe Mazzolli 26 January

ShelbyS

Rob Cooper's #1 Fan
Hey All,

Joe Mazzolli did another online chat with the SJ Horsewoman website. You can read it at the following URL:

http://www.geocities.com/alli_snow/012602.html

He talk a little about s6 and what it's like working with Paul Mullie. There's also some things about previous seasons and he answers a few questions.

Thanks Shelby for that.

Hmm..... well, all I can do now is hope and pray that Mr Mallozzi DOESN'T get his hands on a Buffy episode, because then that series will go down the tube too.

"Please Mr Whedon.... don't employ this guy.... he's a waste of space". (Not that Joss Whedon would ever see this plea of course!)

For the rest of the chat, he gave some interesting snippets, but I still think that this guy seriously gets off on the fact that the fans hang on his every word.

:cool:

I totally agree with you Anni. There's just something about Mr. "Look at me I write for Stargate aren't I good" that annoys me.

To be honest I don't think that his writing is anywhere in the league of Robert C. Cooper's or Brad Wright's. I have no idea how he managed to get a perminent position on the writing team so easily.

Personally, I don't look forward to an ep if I've heard he's written it. I think that almost every episode that he's written for, with the exception maybe of Point of No Return, could have been replaced with a better episode.

Thanks Shelby!

Yes, lately Mallozzi and Mullie have been grating on some of my sore spots! Last Stand had some terriffic holes....

But did anyone click on and read 'Looking Forward' at the bottom of the page:

http://books.dreambook.com/sg1forward/main.html

After reading about 30 comments, and seeing every single one was positive, I gave up. Don't get me wrong, I have really, really, really enjoyed this show over the years, but season 5 is really starting to annoy me. Danny can go if he likes, but we need a direction in the story arc, attention to previously established facts, and more exploration. Otherwise, they should go out on a high, it's so sad when a series starts to deteriorate until you can't be bothered to watch it anymore. Sorry, if I'm beginning to sound like Anni!

Originally posted by Dave
Danny can go if he likes, but we need a direction in the story arc, attention to previously established facts, and more exploration.
That is so true. The plot holes and lack of continuity this season has been shocking.

As for that SG1 forward page, I don't want to sound mean here becuase I know alot of people have signed it and created it etc., but to me it just seems like a lame idea for some of the fans to suck up to the Producers. "Look at us, we still love the show and we won't dare criticise it". It's like they're trying to dissasociate themselves from the people in the fandom who have the guts to step up and criticise the show.