question re hammond in serpents song

Tabitha

Save Angel!
near the beginning when sg1 bring apophis through the gate, o'neill introduces him to Hammond - Hammond's short reply is" "We've met"

Now, the only time I can remember these two actors meeting is in the alternate reality one where Hammond is being tortured by some kind of pain stick...

can any of you obsessive-types help me out with this one? Maybe I heard it wrong or something, I haven't watched any season one eps in ages, and can't think what he is referring to.

CHeers
Tabitha

Hi Tabitha!

Apophis and Hammond first met in "Children of the Gods" when Teal'c, Apophis and serpent guards came throught the gate and kidnapped the blond female sergeant who was playing poker with her friends in the closed down gate room. After he killed the men in the gate room, and while Apophis was using his hand device on her, Hammond and more armed Air Force personnel came into the gate room and Apophis and Hammond exchange words and glares. That and finding out what really happened on Abydos is why Hammond pulled Jack O'Neill out of retirement.

Denise wrote a story about Teal'c reaction to this episode posted on several sites (Heliopolis, her site found under her name) called "Perhaps, One Day" in her Still Waters series about T.

:redface:

d'oh!

thanks for the info - i was sure that they didn't meet in that ep, well, sure enuff not to go check my dvds.....

thanks jsc

Anytime! Hey, Tabitha enjoy the DVD's! especially since we can't get Stargate's Season 5 new episodes in the States...:wave:

dvd availability sucks!

he he

I think I kind of have the best of both worlds - I have all the available region 2 dvds from the UK, which I can watch on my laptop whilst I am in Canada, and my dvd player at home in the UK can handle US dvds as well, so I have the season one US dvd set too!

You know reading this I wonder if it was worth living on pasta for a few months to be able to afford them all....:erm:

why on earth haven't they released more of the dvds over here - the commentaries on season four are totally fab, as much fun - if not more - than watching the episodes alone.....

Re: dvd availability sucks!

Originally posted by Tabitha
...and my dvd player at home in the UK can handle US dvds as well, so I have the season one US dvd set too!

Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain a region 2 dvd player while in the US? Or is it completely illegal? I understand there may be some...er...power issues, but what must I do to get this machine and those beautiful DVDs into my life?!

I do not know. I know they sell some but one has to ask. Canadian sites might be the best but make sure of there record on such things... best to ask around and find out. In region 1 dvds will be out in (so they say) September for Season 2. But I think only England has up to Series 4 and is expecting Series 5 soon.

I am not sure how it works over here with the players and regions. I know that at home in the UK there is little difficulty in picking up a player that can either be chipped (i.e.soldering and stuff inside :eek7: ), or can alter which region discs it will accept via entering a code into the handset.
I imagine that they are more into it on that side of the atlantic cos in this day and age it is not that hard to get stuff shipped over from the US, and of course *most* movies come out in North America first

I am pretty sure that most of the big names in dvd players (panasonic, jvc sony etc ) require some internal fiddling - the main disadvantages of doing this internal chipping are that
a) you will void your warranty, if still applicable
b) some new dvds wont play in "chipped" players - these are know as "RCE" discs, and the only one I can think of just now is The Perfact Storm, but there are others - i think it might only be Warner Bros that are doing this.... "Chipping" effectively sets your player to region zero, and these RCE discs are clever enuff to realise this and not allow playback

If you want to look into whether you can alter your player, I recommend doing a websearch - I found the remote control hack for my LG player on this website:
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/

You should be able to find a US model that can be made to play UK dvds rather than going to extra expense (and hassle!) of getting a whole player shipped over.

Happy hunting....

ps Amazon UK does a fairly good rate for mailing the region 2 dvds to the US - and you shouldn't have to pay any customs tax if you mark it as a gift (although I am not a hundred percent sure about that one...)

last two eps of season four are released in the uk on monday 28th january... and hopefully will be winging their way to me shortly after that.

Don't know when season five is due to come out on dvd, but between season three and four I think there was a gap of four months or so.

Originally posted by Tabitha
I am not sure how it works over here with the players and regions. I know that at home in the UK there is little difficulty in picking up a player that can either be chipped (i.e.soldering and stuff inside :eek7: ), or can alter which region discs it will accept via entering a code into the handset.
Two things:
a) AFAIK - it is not illegal at all in the UK to chip DVD players. This can be by adding some solder or wires, or manually adding or replacing one of the EEPROMS on the player circuit-board. Many companies (though not high-street stores) can supply either instructions/kits or a ready chipped player.
Don't know about the US, BUT with this fancy new MDCA (or whatever it is called - the Millenium Digital Copyright thingy) it may now be illegal to chip.
b) some new dvds wont play in "chipped" players - these are know as "RCE" discs, and the only one I can think of just now is The Perfact Storm, but there are others - i think it might only be Warner Bros that are doing this.... "Chipping" effectively sets your player to region zero, and these RCE discs are clever enuff to realise this and not allow playback
Not strictly true. SOME chipping techniques do make the player region 0. However, not all. The one here at the Embassy (for example) simply makes detects what the region of the inserted disc is, and allows it to be played. Or it can be forced by the handset. Note that some totally UN-chipped players allow this through handset control-button sequences, effectively for testing.