Black Hawk Down (2001)

Slater

"Black Hawk Down"

Anyone seen this one yet? Thought it was quite good, and followed the book pretty closely. The scene with the trooper getting hit with the dud RPG round actually happened, and the US Army rented out some MH-60's and Little Birds for realism. Gotta love the stream of brass fron those M134's!

I can't wait to see this movie it looks pretty interesting and exciting i've only seen the trailers so far as it hasn't been relased in australia yet

Ewan Magreggor , theres a few others i know there faces but i can't put a name to the face , like i said i've only seen the trailer but theres like a old kinda guy there whos the general or somthing i've seen him in like a western or somthing and he's been in a few other movies

Sam Shepard and Tom Sizemore are in the cast. Also an Australian actor who portrays one of the Delta Force commandoes. Does a pretty acceptable Southern accent.

P.S. Aussie's name is Eric Bana. Evidently an actor of some note down under, and will be in the upcoming "Incredible Hulk" movie.

My son and some of his friends (young and male) want to see it. Apparently it is quite violent.... just what young black men should see.... everyday life in the hood.

I think it takes place in Somalia with all the crazy war lords.. when the US tried to help out over there...

This one is definitely no "Pearl Harbor." No sweety love birds in "Black Hawk Down."

Leggy, you DO know Orlando Bloom has tiny little role in this, right?

And this movie is about a real event that happened in Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993. V scary for my family, since my brother was almost sent there, but his orders were changed and he was instead sent to Macedonia (not much better, v close to Yugoslavia, which was in heavy civil war at the time).

I loved this movie, seen it twice., just I really like it. It stayed close to the actual events and such,....all though it did piss me off quiet a bit, and just please don't get me started on Bill, and the whole thing, and the whole UN, it was just a terrible day,....but still a really goood movie....good scenes they did, and the soundtrack is really kicking ass!!!!

Seen it & it's released over here in the U.K on the 16th September

:blush:

I haven't seen it, though I suppose I should seeing as Orlando Bloom is in it! :D But I have no idea of the storyline and I'm not very good at picking them up heha!
:flash:

Great movie, totally show you the effects of war. :rolleyes: Specially I would love to get my hands on the idiot that make the convoy go over all the streets until he finds the way for them to go to the crash scene. :mad: It was a very sad movie but my brother also told me it was very accurate to the true and the book.

Krystal :p