Chamber of Secrets Film info

Sinistra

Lurking in the Shadows
use this thread if you have any info and news to share about the next Harry Potter film, the Chamber of Secrets, due to be released later on this year. Dont put casting stuff in here though cos there's already a thread for that. iF YOu want the link to that thread just tell me and I'll post it here.

From Travel Scotland News:
http://www.travelscotland.co.uk/news/news_231100.htm

HARRY POTTER IN THE HEBRIDES?

An uninhabited island in the Outer Hebrides could become a film set in the new film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Representatives from Warner Brothers have already checked out the tiny rocky outcrop of Huskeiran - about a mile north west of the Monach Isles off North Uist - by helicopter.

It... ...will mean a bumper location fee payout.

So, you do have your helicopter ready, do you?

ummmm.....no. although....i do have some info about the chamber of secrets set somewhere. I saw it yesterday...

The June 7 issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine features several new photos from the upcoming sequel film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, based on the second of J.K. Rowling's best-selling Potter novels. The magazine's official Web site has also posted the images, which feature the first glimpses of new characters Dobby the house elf and Prof. Gilderoy Lockhart, played by Kenneth Branagh.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,254304-1-10~1~0asneakpeekat~,00.html

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets'' may be the least of the first four books in J.K. Rowling's ongoing saga. Lacking the new-world wonder of the first (''The Sorcerer's Stone''), the dark twists of the third (''The Prisoner of Azkaban''), and the epic grandeur of the fourth (''The Goblet of Fire''), the second ''Potter'' novel is, alas, just a jolly good yarn. Which is exactly why Chris Columbus finds it so magical. ''The first one was about introduction and discovery,'' says the director, whose film version of ''Sorcerer's Stone'' has grossed $966 million at box offices worldwide. ''This time, we jump right into the story. 'Chamber of Secrets' has a lot more humor and 10 times as much action.

Keep clicking pages there are about 10 in all.

The images also depict Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) in the titular chamber and classmates Hermione (Emma Watson) and Ron (Rupert Grint). 'Chamber of Secrets' is slated for a Nov. 15 release.

Chris Columbus has also said that this will be his last Potter film.

I also heard who they had penciled in for the director of #3, but I've forgotten, sorry! :mad: It was one of the cast.

Did you notice that Dobby will be cgi and not an actor? I initially didn't like that idea, but after seeing Jar Jar and Yoda in 'Attack of the Clones' the animation is now so good that you can't tell the difference between it and live action.

Producer Talks Potter Changes

SCIFI WIRE - David Heyman, producer of the upcoming sequel film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, told SCI FI Wire that director Chris Columbus will continue to be a key player in the franchise, even though he won't be helming the third installment. Columbus (who directed the first film, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, as well as Chamber) will pass the baton to Alfonso Cuarón (A Little Princess).

"Chris will be involved, or is remaining involved, in a production capacity," Heyman said in an interview. "We're working together on this next film [Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban]," based on the third of author J.K. Rowling's Potter novels.

Heyman added, "He, just as I am, is really excited about Alfonso Cuarón coming in. Alfonso has already met with the kids, with the three leading actors [Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint], and has gotten along incredibly well with them. But Chris is here for support and for guidance and for us all to benefit from his great wealth of experience, having directed the first two. The third film will grow out of what has already been created. The third book is slightly more mature, so I think the approach will be slightly more mature. The film will be a little darker, more mature and more adult, just as the book is. Also, Alfonso Cuarón is a different filmmaker from Chris, and I think the film will necessarily reflect that, because film is a director's medium." Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets opens Nov. 15. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is currently in preproduction.

Tickets on sale in UK already

AOL News -- TICKETS for the new Harry Potter film are going on sale in UK cinemas - more than a month before the film opens.

Advance sales for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are expected to be high.

The tickets will be available when box offices open at all cinemas of all chains where the movie is to be shown.

In the film, Harry Potter, played by Daniel Radcliffe, is at his second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

A spokeswoman for distributors Warner Bros said: "The film last year had the highest advance box office sales. It broke all box office records but this is darker and funnier."

The all-star cast includes Richard Harris, Dame Maggie Smith, Kenneth Branagh, Robbie Coltrane and John Cleese.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets premieres in both the US and UK on November 15.