1.03: In the Dark

Well Marcus was very very skilled, and he'd never done anything in the past to take Spike's trust away.

I dunno I guess that it was just a bit narrow minded of Spike to think that another vampire, let alone such a sadistic and perverted one ("he has a thing for kids" ) wouldn't be tempted by such a powerful ring...

Yeah I agree...but he did half think it through, which is more than he usually does.

yup, I liked the scene after he hass just lost the ring where he's berating himself for it, v funny...

I don't know why they would entrust Oz with the ring if he was going just by himself, but I'm glad they did. He (and Spike) were really good in this episode, especially Spikes mocking of Angel and the girl and Oz driving the van through the wall.
One thing I didn't understand was when they got Angel back, why did they want to get him to a hospital? He was only tortured, and while extremely painful he would still... umm live and not die. Don't you need one of only a few ways to kill a vampire?(staking, sun light, decapitation, etc)

Watched this one again the other day - yesterday, maybe? I forget - anyway ---

Spike's not really known for being a 'thinker' - he's impatient - he's a doer - he wants something - he wants it now - he doesn't wanna wait, he doesn't wanna have to ask you a million times - but he knew Angel was a stubborn (insert appropriate explitive here ;)) - so he had to take some 'extreme' measures --- actually - if he'd just eaten / killed Cordy and Doyle - he woulda had the thing ---- but - that would have really mucked up the character arcs for them, so, he didn't kill 'em -----

Good episode, especially Angel's dilemma regarding whether or not to wear the ring. I liked his final explanation to Doyle, since he's indeed a creature of the night and can best help people at night--so he might as well stay there and not be tempted to stay out in the sunlight. Marcus' near-attack on the kids was creepily effective, and Spike was funny as usual.