1.03: In the Dark

Annette

This is Star - my honey!!
In the Dark - Episode 3

Creating new thread. Only episode discussion please. :D

annette :)

This is the episode that concludes "The Harsh Light of Day" from BTVS --

Spike is still searching for his Gem - that Buffy so rudely stole from him ;) and poking some interesting fun at Angel before he makes himself known --

that scene where Spike's standing on the rooftop and mocking the scene below w/ Angel and the girl - Rachel - very funny! "To the Angel-mobile.... away!"

Spike, however, has problems locating this Gem - and is waiting for a tortured Angel to give up its location ----

I did enjoy this episode. Nice to see Angel 'topless' but such a shame he was being tortured.

Enjoyed seeing him outside in the sun and also watching the sunset at the end of the episode with Doyle at his side. Tis a pity he didn't keep it(the ring that is)

annette :D

I wasn't at all suprised he didn't keep the ring though, he wants to work for his redemption...not be handed it.

Yeah hadn't thought of that, good point Vampyre.

thats 100% correct vamp :cool:

And plus it would ahve made the show a bit too easy if he could wander around all day like a human...

No it wouldn't. But he felt that he wasn't paying for his wrongs as much if could walk into the sunlight like normal people.

plus don't forget that the whole Spike/torture thing proved that having the ring would make him a huge target for every vamp in the world to try to take it off tim, and then he wouldn't have much time to help the humans inbetween fighting them all off.....

That's very true. I wonder what would happen to a vamp wearing the ring if he was decapitated.

Thats an interesting thought(sort of). Perhaps the cut would just heal back up again without the head leaving the body.

Or maybe the head would come flying off,and then fly back and re-attach itself!?!?!?

well there have been instances of severed bodies getting back together... that was why the judge got kept in many separate boxes until Spike reassembled him in S2 Buffy...

so decapitated Angel's head flying back could be a possibility ;)

Or maybe it would be like the host...

who got decapitated but the head and body could survive separately..

So there'd be a headless vampire walking around?...Well it's original...

:lol: :lol: :lol: It would be really funny to watch the head trying to tempt people to put their necks near.

:lol: indeed!

Anyway how stupid was spike to trust the other vamp to get the info but not the ring?? Surely he could have found some other demon or even human to do the torturing who wouldn't be tempted to take the ring for themselves...