1.02: Lonely Hearts

Annette

This is Star - my honey!!
Lonely Hearts - Episode 2

Creating new thread. Only episode discussion please. :D

"Angel, with the help of a new friend, tracks a serial killer whose hunting ground is LA's singles bars"

annette :)

not a bad episode, an interesting concept of the demon preying in a bar, blending the ancient world of demons with modern culture. Also the introduction of Kate..

Seems such a while since I've seen this episode. I'll have to get the DVD out and watch it.

Doesn't Kate think that Angel is responsible for the killings at first?

annette :D

yeah she does, and she arrests him at one point. It makes for an interesting start to their ralationship..

Can you tell I've been watching the S1 DVD....I'll try to comment on each one as I re-watch them...

I thought so. Its been a while since I've watched them but at least someone is posting here. Plus it jogs my memory to the episode.

annette :D

i've added a little recap of the episodes into the first posts as well to jog peoples memories.. :)

I've just gotten my DVDs (well the first part anyway) so I'm going through the episodes too.

The actual demon thing was a little lame but the rest of the episode was well done and funny. I loved the use of the song "Touched" by Vast in the episode. But what is it with Angel and hitting on guys?? Thats been twice in two episodes, is there maybe something he isn't telling anyone :D

Showtime aired only two episodes so far, and we are waaaaay behind. From Buffy and now to his own show, this episode is probably the one I like best with Angel. He was laughing and smiling more and was trying his best to be normal esp towards the end.

I especially love the part with the business cards.
Angel: "There's our number....right next to a...erm...a butterfly?'
Doyle: "It's obviously not a butterfly! It's a....a bird. It's an owl."

And then in the end Kate asks: "Is this a lobster?"

Can't wait for more of this.....either I wait for the weekly episodes or grab the DVD from Amazon!

Yeah - the business cards and the comments they generate are funny ---

Cordy's little scene w/ Doyle, where she's telling him the 'problems' of all the people is pretty funny too -

Kate and Angel - interesting raport between them -----

I liked the surprise relevation about the demon being able to switch bodies, even though it's typical of Whedon and Co. not to make the killer too obvious. Although, I thought that its final host was rather lame. He was easier for Angel to kill, but still. And I liked Angel and Kate's initial conversations, since they moved along naturally and believably.