What makes Lex go bad??

Ohh the nature versus nurture argument, that's always fun :D

Personally i still think Lex has a "bad" side, buried under his attempts to be good and different to his father.
Series 3 Spoiler
But he seems to have given up on that recently, as he's gone back to work with him!!!
And something major will have to happen, maybe him finding out about Clark's powers (we already know TPTB don't always stick to events as they've happened in the comics, movies, previous TV shows etc) or something else, but that will take him over the edge.

And yes, I'm joing in with the meaness - i really want to watch it :D But i'm not in such a hurry cos i like Lex the way he is now, and that is inevitably gonna be spoiled.

Do you really think Lex is Clark's friend, through out this friendship he never stopped trying to find out about Clark.

Once he does learn the truth, he will turn on Clark faster than you can say SUPERMAN!

DarkCity545, yes, I do believe that right now Lex is Clark's friend. I assume that he won't figure out about Clark's secret for a second time because if he did he would obviously put together the later heroic acts of Superman and realize he and Clark are one and the same. After all, Lex is a smart man.

I never got the impression from the cartoons/movies/ or comics I've read or heard about... that Superman was bitter towards Lex. However, Lex is definately BITTER towards Superman. I bet that in the Smallville future, Clark does something that causes Lex to see Clark as an enemy. With that said... what could that be?

Here's some speculation:
Clark is involved with Lionel's death and even though Lex hates his father... he still lashes out at Clark.

or

Lex regains his memories in which Clark knows about Lionel's ruthless murder of his parents... and blames Clark for not telling him about it after Lex looses his memory.

or

Clark somehow spoils Lex's plans for dominating his father... and then contributes to Lex's resulting humiliation.

I don't know, just guesses.

Originally posted by Royal One
DarkCity545, yes, I do believe that right now Lex is Clark's friend. I assume that he won't figure out about Clark's secret for a second time because if he did he would obviously put together the later heroic acts of Superman and realize he and Clark are one and the same. After all, Lex is a smart man.

I disagree with Lex and Clark are one and the same. Lex is ruthless in his efforts to obtain anything even when he is trying to help.

I can't belive Lex is a TRUE friend to Clark, because of his investigation of Clark. He is still aware that there is something " special" about Clark. He might have lost his memory of 7 weeks but the emotion and drive to get what he wants at any cost is still there.

Originally posted by gr8scott
Here's some speculation:
Clark is involved with Lionel's death and even though Lex hates his father... he still lashes out at Clark.

or

Lex regains his memories in which Clark knows about Lionel's ruthless murder of his parents... and blames Clark for not telling him about it after Lex looses his memory.

or

Clark somehow spoils Lex's plans for dominating his father... and then contributes to Lex's resulting humiliation.

gr8scott, these are good ideas! We just have to wait and see what TPTB will do.

Here's another speculative reason... Maybe Clark somehow is responsible for Lex going to prison. That would really tick Lex off... since we know from last night's ep, that Lex believes that one of the TRUE tests of friendship is if a friend will "cross the line" to help the other. But Clark's line is different than Lex's. Ya never know. Could happen.;)

Back