Has ANYONE read David Gerrold?

Ahdkaw

Bopper
I'm just wondering really. It seems that very few people have read any of his books, and frankly I'm surprised. He has written many, many books in the past, and I have been looking (desperately) for fellow fans of his work.

If you don't know who this guy is, then I seriously suggest you get a hold of some of his books. I have heard from a few friends in the past that his characters are a little wooden but I dispute that. The books he has written are truly visionary and not slow at all (and I've read Peter Hamilton so I know slow).

Go to his site, http://www.gerrold.com/, read a couple of his books (if you can get a hold of them!) and holla back, I really wouldn't mind some opinions from my fellow science fiction fans on this ere forum about him and his books.

Drunken offshoot: Solomon Short r0x0r5!

I read "The Man Who Folded Himself" a long time ago. Good book; a little peculiar, though. Read it on the strength of really liking "The Trouble With Tribbles" episode of the original Star Trek. But I've never really been curious enough to seek out any of his other books.

I read a Trek book by him, I think it was "THE GALACTIC WHIRLPOOL"... Have to check my library at some point (when I ain't at work)...

Can't say that the book struck me as being particulary good or made me want to read any more of his works...

Although "Worlds of Wonder: How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy" sounds as though it might be useful for people on this board...

Star Hunt and voyage of the Star Wolf , both first rate reads. It was supposed to be come tv series but never happened.

I liked "The Man Who folded Himself." It started like a typical time travel story and then became progressively weird. I read "Worlds of Wonder" as well. I enjoyed it at the time but it was a long time ago.

I read "The War Against the Chtorr" and the "The Man Who Folded Himself" He is of course much better known for his work with Star Trek. His idea which became "The Trouble with Tribbles" is as classic as Star Trek gets.

I remember a few books that I have read. Enemy Mine with Longyear, When Harlie Was One, Flying Sorcerers with Niven.Planet of the Apes books. A large number of his short stories.

Good Grief! I loved Enemy Mine I did not remember that Gerrold was an author.

Started with Galactic Whirlpool, then The trouble with tribbles behind the screen story. Read Enemy Mine, Child of Grass, some of the Star wolf ones, and the StarCraft ones, and Chess With a Dragon. Very prolific author.

Started with Galactic Whirlpool, then The trouble with tribbles behind the screen story. Read Enemy Mine, Child of Grass, some of the Star wolf ones, and the StarCraft ones, and Chess With a Dragon. Very prolific author.

Ive read Galactic Whirlpool, It's quite good. (y)

Back