Isn't it time that this series ended?

spider

Look at how long it's been around. I watched the last season on Scifi when it aired, and it was horrible! Now I see there's yet anotehre one coming! If this one is even as "good" as the last, it will be an embarassment for the show.

hey

i guess thats true
but every now and then they have a rel cool epi

Hi Spider and Chilly

I actually enjoy the show! I would have to agree with Chilly in that there are some really good episodes among some bad ones, but that's usually the case with many shows. What I like so much about it is the fact that there can be some really freaky endings - you never know what's going to happen. This season seems to have mainly "good" endings but in earlier episodes there were some really crazy ones (the Robert Patrick & Wil Wheaton episode comes to mind). That was a great ending! (well, not great as in good but shocking!). I love that! I think it's going to be cancelled though because of poor ratings. Not many people seem to watch it. I think it had a very low budget too by judging the quality of the filming, although the sets were half decent. It also gave a chance for long lost actors to shine in a starring role. I couldn't believe I saw Ralph Macchio (Karate Kid) and Mark Hamill (Star Wars) star in earlier episodes. Ahh, but it has run its course. I just hope there is another show that comes along that will have incredibly shocking and thought provoking stories! (but as a part of a regular and continuous series rather than stand alone episodes). Oh well, just my 2 cents...

Cheers

I don't really watch this series that often, although when I do I usually enjoy the episode. I think the secret of it's success is that, unlike it's MGM counterpart SG1, it does not have the burden of having to use the same cast members every episode, it can bypass the problems associated with the episodic format, and won't have to re-negotiate expensive contracts evey year. It will also avoid having to worry about continuity.

I like the show!! I don't get to watch it very often, but when I do I enjoy it. It shouldn't end yet!

Definitely some of the best plots for any show out there. A great series that you can just sit down and watch 1 hour of the show without worrying where in the "timeline" you are.

hey

i know wat u mean
did u guys see that epi where that guy gets turned into a fish slowly? and then the scientist blows the whole lab up? that was sad,,........

The Outer Limits began as a stark, black & white serious attempt to portray real hard edged sci fi on television. It played it straight and scary and refused to pull back on its hard-hitting approach. Instead of the easy, general consumptive audience, hard sci fi writers and many actors and actresses had their early start on this series. Today, there is no reason that sci fi in the Outer Limit philosophy can't continue to thrive and grow with new talent and great writers - the concept is timeless and now when technology is outpacing society, it is more urgent then ever to ensure that a television series that can grasp the human imagination and human potential stay.