Stargate: The Movie

Sage Orion

I still think that Stargate is way better than the TV series!!;)

I mean the actors and the plot even, its just originality is BEST!!

What do you think??

Personally I think that the TV series is one of the better spin-offs doing the rounds. Both the movie and series have their strengths and weaknesses: The movie carries the original concep and can only gain strength from that fact. It is, however, stunted in its development by the normal running time of movies these days. The series is a place where characters and relationships have time to grow and mature. The other side of the coin is that a series can become stale very quickly if only based on one idea.

I keep my place firmly on the fence :D

Personally, I like both, but I think the series was able to go a lot further with the concept.

I just wish that they had the same characters as in the Movie.

I loved Kurt Russell and James Spader! I think if they did a
prequel or sequel to the film.....I wonder if that would be an idea.....
if they used the same actors they will have it!!;)

who is it that plays Daniel? He was in bothe the movie and the series, and that helped. Your right about the others, but characters like Tilke (is that correct) are very interesting.

Actually, James Spader plays him in the movie, but it's someone else in the series. I think. To be honest, I lost interest about a year after it came out.

Hmm . . . okay. I thought it was the same actor for some reason . . . must be short-term memory loss.:rolleyes:

Once again, I'm not surprised.

Thanks for the info, Polymorphikos.

I like both of them. I think they picked good actors for the series. I especially like Richard Dean Anderson, who plays Colonel Jack O'Neill, and Christopher Judge who plays Teal'c.

erickad71 said:
I like both of them. I think they picked good actors for the series. I especially like Richard Dean Anderson, who plays Colonel Jack O'Neill, and Christopher Judge who plays Teal'c.
Thank you, erickad. I was looking for the correct spelling of Teal'c's name!