No Romance For Picard In Trek X, Stewart Says

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
SAw this online today

Fans hoping for Jean-Luc Picard to steal a few hearts in the upcoming 'Star Trek: Nemesis' will be disappointed to discover the film doesn't include a romance for the captain of the Enterprise-E.

"One thing it doesn't have, it doesn't have a romantic storyline for the captain this time," actor Patrick Stewart said during an appearance on Late Night With Conan O'Brian (via Trek5.com).

"There's still time to write in, you know!" he added playfully. "The script can be fixed!"

Stewart did say that the film would involve "a lot of high-energy action," and went on to describe his experience on the film's location shoot.

"I can tell you I got to drive for two weeks, our opening two weeks of filming in the desert, a hundred miles or so from Los Angeles, a futuristic, 24th century off-road vehicle, built by the man who is synonymous with off-road racing, a man called Ivan Steer," he said. "And I drove it everywhere for two weeks. It was a wonderful experience."

But the actor stayed mum on any further information about the upcoming film. "I'm sitting in the captain's chair of the Enterprise," Stewart deadpanned.

A streaming Quicktime video of Stewart's appearance, in which he also talked about 'Jimmy Neutron' and 'A Christmas Carol,' can be viewed here at Trek5.com.

The release of 'Star Trek: Nemesis' is still a long way off, but today the first rumours concerning the film's teaser trailer emerged online.

According to SyFy Portal's sources, the teaser trailer could be ready by early May, just in time for the release of 'Star Wars Episode II: The Attack of the Clones.'

"Many of the special effects sequences won't be done in time, but that doesn't mean the studio won't be able to release a trailer by spring," the source told the site. "We'll probably see some limited dialogue, non-enhanced scenes and stock special effects footage, similar to what we found in past teaser trailers for Star Trek."

That's fine with me. I think it is a little unbelievable, the number of romances Picard has had which have failed, he doesn't strike me as the kind of character that would have those kind of short relationships. Riker and Kirk, I would believe.

Yeah, I think it is good they aren't going to focus on a romance for him. He's had enough. I want him together with Beverly or Anij. I think he had good chemistry and the possibility for a good and lasting relationship with either one.

Poor Geordi, on the other hand, needs a mate. Maybe, d'oh, forgot her name. The engineer he fell in love with and made a hologram of. She was cute and they'd make a good pair.

Or Data. Will he ever find android love???? :laugh2::lol:

:star::laugh2::star:

Originally posted by Aing-Tii
Poor Geordi, on the other hand, needs a mate. Maybe, d'oh, forgot her name. The engineer he fell in love with and made a hologram of. She was cute and they'd make a good pair.

Leah Brahms... but she didn't seem very impressed with Geordi.

Leah Brahms-whew!!!!:p

They don't become more than friends in the series but in the books there is more development between their characters. It would be a nice bit of continuity if the relationship grew from the writings. Probably won't happen, but it would be great if it would.

:star::D:star:

Just seen the Entertainment Tonight clips on the new movie... Looking good.,,,,