'Nemesis' Supporting Cast Announced

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
Production on 'Star Trek: Nemesis' is now moving along at warp speed, with two new faces recently added to the film's supporting cast.

Steven Culp and Dina Meyer will both have featured roles in the film, the Hollywood Reporter said yesterday. The pair will portray the characters of Commander Madden and Commander Donatra, respectively.

Culp has appeared in films such as 'Thirteen Days,' 'Nurse Betty' and 'James and the Giant Peach' in addition to his recurring role on the television series JAG. His character, Commander Madden, takes over as Enterprise-E first officer at the end of the film when William Riker leaves to command his own ship, the U.S.S. Titan.

Best known for her performance as Private Dizzy Flores in the film 'Starship Troopers,' Meyer's work includes a role in 'Bats,' written by 'Nemesis' scribe John Logan. Commander Donatra is a Romulan who works closely with Shinzon, the movie's principal villain.

The trade paper also listed Whoopi Goldberg and Majel Barrett among the cast - no doubt reprising their respective roles of Guinan and Lwaxana Troi. Goldberg and Barrett join Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) and Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher), who are also making special appearances in the movie.

Directed by Stuart Baird, 'Star Trek: Nemesis' was written by John Logan from a story by Logan, Rick Berman and Brent Spiner (Data). The film is currently slated for release late next year

................................................................................................

Lets Hope we find out more about Guinan,,,,,,

I too want to find out more on Guinan.

Majel Barrett -- she could appear as Lwaxana Troi at her daughters wedding -- makes sense -- but she could just be credited as the voice of the computer.

I do hope they do more on Guinan,....

AS for Majel Barrett... bet its just the computer voice

Just read. Majel Barrett features as Lwaxana Troi in Nemesis. Makes sense as her daughter is getting married, for her to turn up at the wedding. I wonder if it`ll be a traditional Betazoid wedding and everyone will go in the buff?

I can't believe Janeway is gona be in it! Duno whether shes still gona be a captain or maybe an Admiral ordering Picard around, but for all the times she bent, twisted, or just plain ignored the prime directive; she should be court martialled!
She broke the prime directive way more than Kirk and he got demoted!

Would seem the right thing but who knows in trek

Originally posted by Thor_of_Othalla
Just read. Majel Barrett features as Lwaxana Troi in Nemesis. Makes sense as her daughter is getting married, for her to turn up at the wedding. I wonder if it`ll be a traditional Betazoid wedding and everyone will go in the buff?

I've heard that after a short ceremony in Alaska, Earth, they travel on to Betazoid for the 'Full Monty' but get called away to an unusual bio-reading on the way.

Chicaco Sum-Times entertainment columnist Cindy Pearlman has said that Star Trek: Nemesis has a November 22, 2002 release date. While Paramount hasn't officially released its intended release date for the film, Pearlman has proven to be a reliable source of Trek movie information in the past.

Corona Coming Attractions has a rumor report claiming "X-Men" director Bryan Singer is going to be at the Paramount lot today for costume fitting, and will be making an appearance on the new Star Trek film, "Nemesis."

The film's location shootings have now finished and is currently filming on only soundstages, according to the report. It is unknown what role Singer may play in the film.

Rick Berman: "John Logan, who wrote the script, very much wanted Kate [Mulgrew] to portray an admiral that we had and Kate was delighted to do it. We have a wedding in the movie and guests at the wedding include Wil Wheaton and Whoopi Goldberg."

Question: "Will Majel Barrett-Roddenberry reprise her role as Lwaxanna, it seems like an ideal opportunity?"

Rick Berman: "Nope! There's a plot point I don't want to give away, but there's a reason."

-------------------------------------

So, Wesley and Guinan -- Yes.
Lwaxanna -- No.
Admiral Janeway -- Yes.

Possible spoiler:

Further to what Rick Berman has said about Lwaxana Troi not being in Nemesis, SyFy Portal suggests that dialogue will be inserted
to mention that Lwaxana has passed away,
a rumour gaining momentum due to the recent comments by him. The source continues saying "A lot of the (script) rewrites that were mentioned to be going on late last year were to add some of the cameos in the movie, to give them a line or two to keep them happy, but they never planned to include Majel in the movie, and this is something that has existed from almost the beginning".