Sovs Favorite Moderator
2: 18 : Things We Cannot Change

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

This episode turned out better than I had expected. I figured on the over used 'main character gets caught in dream plane' plot, but it actually turned out to be very good.

Rommie: We get to see a side of her that we don't see very often, her admitting she's uneasy about something! She seems almost scared of the black hole. I'm sure she would have gone in if Dylan had ordered her too, but she would have had some qualms. I like the hair style, too. :)

Harper: His transportation device makes an appearance! It's too bad they didn't use it though, it might have been nice to see it work one last time. The Harper and Trance relationship seems to have been restored. Our high-strung engineer has over come his past doubts in the previously sparkly purple girl and they've returned to their best friend relationship.

Tyr: He risks his neck to impress chicks! Now that's an interesting development. He also showed that he is willing to risk death to save Dylan. Of course he wouldn't admit that, claiming 'it won't happen to me,' but we all now that he's just a big softy at heart.

Beka: We didn't really learn much about her, except for the fact that she's sucked space once or twice in her life. That and she doesn't have an overt fondness for math....

Dylan: He doesn't put two and two together very quickly, does he? How could he not know right off she was a figment of his imagination? Sure, it took a while for his memory to return, but after that you would have thought he would try to find a way out immediately. Well, I guess the temptation of a peaceful life would have put off anyone in his position.

Trance: Wow, the clouds part! She was born in a black hole and her people tried to kill Dylan (or at least that's what it seems). I wonder if this will come back to bite her? I mean In Heaven Now Are Three it was implied that she's not exactly on the best of terms with the rest of her race for helping the humans, so now she's fouled a plan to kill Dylan, how's this going to go over? Well, now any doubts I had about her faithfulness to the crew has been put out of my mind.

This was an OK ep. for a Clip show. I liked the devealiment that was given to Tyr. All of his actions were to one day have a family.

What makes you think it was Trance's people who were tryimg to kill Dylan? i thought that flash was Trance using an unknown ESP power.

ZachWZ

Well, she did try to stop Dylan from thinking it was real. That, and the fact that when Liandra said 'You're killing my people!!' Dylan remembers trying to destroy a black hole, and Trance told the scientist guy in Pitiless as the Sun that she was born in space.

This episode was very cool. I suppose Dylan discovering everything was a lie was slow specially after all the dreams or memories that he have during the events like Sara, Rhade, etc. But it was cool that he definitely know it was a lie because he remember the Magog and Liandra told him she doesn't know anything called Magogs. :lol: I love the face of Tyr when Beka give him a kiss and say I'm impressed. :D

It was a very good episode and they manage to give a resume of the series in an interesting way.

Krystal :blpaw:

Yeah, i liked it too. Definately one of the better clip shows i've seen.

One thing i thought would have made it even better would be to replace Liandra with Sara (i always wanted to see more of er) and i think Dylan would have been even more convinced to believe t.

Originally posted by Maria8475

One thing i thought would have made it even better would be to replace Liandra with Sara (i always wanted to see more of er) and i think Dylan would have been even more convinced to believe t.

Good point, is the wife was Sara, Dylan probably would believe it was true and not a dream. :D

Krystal :p

Definetly good for a clip show.

I agree that if Sara had been his wife Dylan would have been more convinced.

The growth of Tyr from the beginning of the series is also interesting. How he is really to risk his life to save Dylan. Even if he won't admit it.

Originally posted by Mellian
The growth of Tyr from the beginning of the series is also interesting. How he is really to risk his life to save Dylan. Even if he won't admit it.

Yeah, is incredible how Tyr have change from the beginning, in many episodes we have seen Tyr caring for the other crew including Dylan. And that is truly an improvement. :D

Krystal :p

I like that they haven't completely gotten rid of his pervious attitude though. A lot of shows have made that mistake over the years.

Yeah, they present it more like a struggle, you know, that he's in conflict with it.

Krystal :cool:

Guess Im the only one who didnt much care for this ep....I just am not a big fan of clip eps <shrug>

Back