Lord of the Rings Mini-Forum

Legolas

something more magical
I'm wondering, as LOTR has become so popular,what with the film coming out, that a mini-forum is to be had.

Would anyone actually be interested tho, becauses there is no point starting a mini-forum if there are only, say, 2 people interested in it. If enough people want one, we could write all our names down in a big list and send it to Padders or someone else with high authority and ask them really nicely if they will create it.

I know this is a Sci-fi site but there is a Harry Potter mini-forum and thats not exactly Sci-fi is it?

I would post in there because i love LOTR especially Hobbits (so cute!) and i'm wondering if anyone else does. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for one right now, i thought it would be a good idea to see what everyone thinks before asking (or not) for one to be created.

Please tell me if there is one already and i'm wasting my time and being really thick!

Snape

P.S You can reply you know!! Who else apart from me and Justie voted?

Well! I'm glad everyone is having fun anonymously voting! That will help a lot when we need a list of names to show to Padders!

There is a Lord of the Rings section in Books. When it starts getting popular (which it will) it will be moved, just like Harry Potter was. (And when then Admins have time.)

Oh, cool.
We'll still keep voting tho, i'll have to visit the LOTR book forum thingy. Thanks Dave do u have the link?

You only have to go to books and JRR Tolkein :(

but here it is anyway:
http://www.ascifi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=755

There has been a problem with Books and films being under visited. Padders wants to re-organise it. I now tend to agree with him if people find it so hard to find this. The same thing happened with Star Wars, I saw loads of posts saying "Wow! I didn't know Star Wars was in Films!" :eek:

oh I'm unhappy now. My bro has gone to see LOTR and i'm stuck babysitting my lil sis. I keep seeing trailers all over the TV and its NOT FAIR!

Does anyone know how long the movie actually is? I'm waiting for my parents to come home so i can escape to my roon (aaah bliss)

It's good that we got 4 'Yes' votes, even if no-one puts their name down...

Well, seeing as there is a LOTR book thread and a LOTR film thread, maybe we could ask Padders or someone to merge them into one mini-forum for us? And we could put the Hobbit name thread in the General section in there too.

Snape,
The movie is three hours long! And was very well paced but different from the book... NO TOM BOMBADILL or GOLDBERRY... No Old Man Willow... No Barrows... But very good anyway... hope you get to see it soon.... just go to a theater that doesn't blast your ears off with the sound!

Originally posted by jsc
Snape,
The movie is three hours long! And was very well paced but different from the book... NO TOM BOMBADILL or GOLDBERRY... No Old Man Willow... No Barrows... But very good anyway... hope you get to see it soon.... just go to a theater that doesn't blast your ears off with the sound!

No BOMBADIL?! Oh no! i thought he would have been one of the best characters! but does it stay true to the book apart from that?
I am (hopefully) seeing it on Sunday, and i don't care if it blasts my easrs off! is it true also Frodo hardly ever blinks cos he's always being surprised by staff and has his eyes wide open?

i voted yes!

loved the book! i love long long books...
it makes me happy that i won't finish it for a while!

though i probably wont see it till after christmas.
cos am trying to see it with my friends including
maria and sin and dmalfoy and some other deprived
people who dont like scifi...
MAD!

can't wait!

:)

We now have a mini-forum! thank you to whover made this! We love ya for it!

May the hair on your toes never fall out!!

Yes thanks to Padders and the Mods for going and putting up this forum , great work guys :)

So, do we need a mod now that this is a mini-forum? hint hint...